• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Gutted, one of the wires for one of my chargers just broke...I know what I'll be doing today. What's the best way to check a charger for Propper use? Mine doesn't seem to like fully balancing these 2 new hk lipos, says they almost full but when I pit a voltmeter on they're only at like 4.17? Both chargers are the same yet they seem to work slightly differently? How can you tell the difference between the Imax b6 and the fake one? Not sure what mine are tbh

Gutted, one of the wires for one of my chargers just broke...I know what I'll be doing today. What's the best way to check a charger for Propper use? Mine doesn't seem to like fully balancing these 2 new hk lipos, says they almost full but when I pit a voltmeter on they're only at like 4.17? Both chargers are the same yet they seem to work slightly differently? How can you tell the difference between the Imax b6 and the fake one? Not sure what mine are tbh

Get soldering :D My Turnigy 400w does that too. I get to around 4.19 with one 6s batt, 4.17 if I parallel 2 batts and 4.15 if I parallel 3 batts. It doesn't really bother me tho because they say if you don't full charge them and only charge to around 4.15 all the time you can double their lifespan so I personally wouldn't worry about it. I reckon the hk batteries have a slightly higher internal resistance to more costly brands which tells the charger they're full earlier so I wouldn't touch the charger. I don't know how you tell a fake really but I wouldn't touch the B6 myself as watts is waaaayy to low for my needs :) If the charger works fine does fake really matter? :D

Edited by dazp1976

Fair enough, I'll just leave as is then (after re-soldering the wire) I have 2 b6's that came with the car so was able to charge 2 at once, then go and play, I never really noticed with my overlander batts as they would balance up to 4.20 every time (till I broke one) the new packs have had maybe 5 cycles through them but have never balanced up to 4.20p/c. I was just wandering about the fakes not knowing what mine are, I think they're real looking at pics But like you say, if they work, they work.

Edited by stevo2551

New alloy diffs built :)

uc01iOs.jpg

New motor mount (finally). A couple of upgrades and a little bit of bling :)

wcodLbS.jpg

Arse end completed so far. Ignore the filth :D will clean it properly at some point. Liking those bolt on hinge pins, they are a perfect fit and a brgain from tower hobbies :) Loving the green.

Mudguards are made from a cut up sheet of A4 lexan, I got 5 sheets for

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1

Cant waitt to see it all on

The new hpi parts bags are handy as buggery for storing washers, clips etc with them being resealable.  A nice touch

Got a link for those bolt on hinge pins?

Allan

Edited by pug=309

Cant waitt to see it all on

The new hpi parts bags are handy as buggery for storing washers, clips etc with them being resealable.  A nice touch

Got a link for those bolt on hinge pins?

Allan

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDBWH&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBTUN&P=7

2 pairs of each to do all round costs

No rear bumper? I'm guessing the buggy doesn't have one as such anyway other than the plastic peice that the pins go through and hold the rear arms on? I have romoved the anti roll bar as I had a broken plastic eyelet and had to buy the full kit...so off it came, can't say as I noticed much different tbh I made quite a few changes all at once :-P

since failsafes were mentioned the other day, I put mine on a stand, gave it a tiny bit of throttle and flicked the tx off and it stayed at that speed. how do I go about setting it on my buggy flux?

Edited by stevo2551

I have removed the Front and rear bumpers from my lightning gt as i now have a Alu Savage skid plate and bumper (the bolt/screw pattern is the same, you just need to cut the skid plate down a bit), looking into getting a skid plate bumper set for the rear once ive made a bumper support bracket.

Thanks for the links

since failsafes were mentioned the other day, I put mine on a stand, gave it a tiny bit of throttle and flicked the tx off and it stayed at that speed. how do I go about setting it on my buggy flux?

The failsafe is usually part of your tx rx on 2.4ghz sets but i you have a 27mhz setup then you will need something like this (unless you already have one installed )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-HSP-Fail-Safe-For-Servo-Receiver-Nitro-Model-Radio-Remote-Control-03028-NEW-/261533857015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3ce4a1f4f7

There's lots to choose from, that one's just the first that showed

Allan

Mine runs on 2.4ghz so should already be built into the flux as is, just not sure how to set it. I don't have a program card or anything, I have seen a video on YouTube about programming manually using beeps and flashes, bit the video didn't show the full process so not much use really

Oh you have an electric, on nitro rx you hold the brake (set how much brake you want) then on the rx (there should be a little button next to the bind button)press and hold the button till the rx light flashes

Maybe you can use that till you figure out the electric way

Allan

Oh you have an electric, on nitro rx you hold the brake (set how much brake you want) then on the rx (there should be a little button next to the bind button)press and hold the button till the rx light flashes

Maybe you can use that till you figure out the electric way

Allan

On electric best off using neutral position to coast to a stop as you can end up shooting backwards if you set it to brake.

On electric best off using neutral position to coast to a stop as you can end up shooting backwards if you set it to brake.

Haha aye full reverse could also be disastrous too :-) I changed the tx batts yesterday to be safe, I assumed the failsafe would be set, but you know what they say about assumptions...

Do you have to reset it every time you change batterys?

New alloy diffs built :)

uc01iOs.jpg

New motor mount (finally). A couple of upgrades and a little bit of bling :)

wcodLbS.jpg

Arse end completed so far. Ignore the filth :D will clean it properly at some point. Liking those bolt on hinge pins, they are a perfect fit and a brgain from tower hobbies :) Loving the green.

Mudguards are made from a cut up sheet of A4 lexan, I got 5 sheets for

Edited by dazp1976

That's a shame, it was going so well....but does that mean that all the other pins were ok to fit, just not the 2 for the front hubs? So that just leaves those 2 that are the shortest length as pins and clips but the longer ones (both inner, upper and lower have been changed over successfully?

That was a late night tinkering lol

Edited by stevo2551

That's a shame, it was going so well....but does that mean that all the other pins were ok to fit, just not the 2 for the front hubs? So that just leaves those 2 that are the shortest length as pins and clips but the longer ones (both inner, upper and lower have been changed over successfully?

That was a late night tinkering lol

Yep. That's correct. 68184 on the back hub carrier, 109848 perfect fit on both front and rear inner arm/suspension holders :) front hub carrier stock pin + e-ring grrrrrrrr :(

Was a little late lol.

I've been messing about with D8T arms for a bit and everything fitted perfect with those but I need the 131mm shafts for the front and can't justify the

Turns out that there's no shell or wheels, but still a bargain at that price (good mates rates) with an Orion 3s Lipo. Esc and servos both work, just stripping it all down for a Propper clean and service all diffs and shocks.

Anyhew back on topic...went out yesterday on a really muddy field/gravel area with my cousins greyhound for a laugh, that's a fast dog...but not fast enough haha never ran it on grass before, pulls wheelies for fun. I forget sometimes just how nippy they are....until it hurtles past my feet...

0ffc5fb03918943c82a4ff189f2fd7e6.jpg23f40720ab5c5ba6af7d0a170f081a0c.jpgcef306c18dde23635a8daacaf9781f9a.jpg

Just picked up the proline road rage tires. They look awesome can't wait to bash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they just tyres to glue on origonal rims or you got wheels with them

they just tyres to glue on origonal rims or you got wheels with them

0ffc5fb03918943c82a4ff189f2fd7e6.jpg23f40720ab5c5ba6af7d0a170f081a0c.jpgcef306c18dde23635a8daacaf9781f9a.jpg

Just picked up the proline road rage tires. They look awesome can't wait to bash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooollll. Let me know how they run on both tarmac and grass because my Phaltlines need replacing soon. I'm looking at taking the Shockwaves off my Desperado's and mount something else on those instead.

Cooollll. Let me know how they run on both tarmac and grass because my Phaltlines need replacing soon. I'm looking at taking the Shockwaves off my Desperado's and mount something else on those instead.

Hopefully this weekend the weather will be nice and I'll let you know how it goes.