• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Rctech132

My front centre shaft looks like a banana and the aluminium chassis is a bit bowed

Yeah first time I tested my trophy at works yard mate said gis a go! Full whack into the fence then said how do you brake? Why not ask that before you go full throttle, luckily it only broke the steering arm and he did offer to pay, but lesson learnt!

Full strip down tomorrow to straighten the chassis and order new centre shaft, is it best to stay with like for like replacement or do they do stronger ones ?

Being new to RC I've learnt some handy tips and info from this site, but today I've learnt the most important lesson of all, NEVER let your wife have a go on your car, full speed into the side of a skip = broken truggy and crying me

Get your self a brace made ..

Never blame a woman there never wrong only misinformed or misled but always right no matter what !! So tell the skip owner to move his skip as its blocking her path !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Brace ? (Have you any photos) Sound like I need one, it was the only thing in a massive car park. She's back on my good side by making me cheese cake tomorrow

Brace ? (Have you any photos) Sound like I need one, it was the only thing in a massive car park. She's back on my good side by making me cheese cake tomorrow

length of square alloy box from B n Q mate

jkyzdd.jpg

Edited by Mick1979

I've got the original wiring on my esc for two batteries in series, I've got a single 4s pack id like to run as well sometimes is there a lead I can buy or is it a matter of making one?

I don't mind soldering just thought if there's a ready made one would be quicker as I've got no connectors or wire at moment to make one with so would have to order that anyway.

I'm using deans at the moment.

I've got the original wiring on my esc for two batteries in series, I've got a single 4s pack id like to run as well sometimes is there a lead I can buy or is it a matter of making one?

I don't mind soldering just thought if there's a ready made one would be quicker as I've got no connectors or wire at moment to make one with so would have to order that anyway.

I'm using deans at the moment.

Yep one of these 

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/modelsport-uk-deans-esc-loop-connector/rc-car-products/365977

Just make sure you strap it down so it doesn't get caught up in anything !! seen guys use these them have the spur chew through them and short out the truck !!

Yep one of these

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/modelsport-uk-deans-esc-loop-connector/rc-car-products/365977

Just make sure you strap it down so it doesn't get caught up in anything !! seen guys use these them have the spur chew through them and short out the truck !!

Lovely thanks mate!

Hey guys. Just had a thought for the 112mm big bores. Do you reckon putting a longer shock rod end on the bottom might work? I think all you need is 10mm extra length might try one tomorrow. Looking at the Kyosho 95mm springs from HongKong for half our prices but can't decide on Red (5.28lb-in / 937.39 n/m) or Blue (4.62lb-in / 820.22 n/m) Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hey guys. Just had a thought for the 112mm big bores. Do you reckon putting a longer shock rod end on the bottom might work? I think all you need is 10mm extra length might try one tomorrow. Looking at the Kyosho 95mm springs from HongKong for half our prices but can't decide on Red (5.28lb-in / 937.39 n/m) or Blue (4.62lb-in / 820.22 n/m) Any suggestions are appreciated.

If you have a stock vorza shock you can just add these to make them into the longer ones

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/14597/

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/14596/

And add whatever d8t springs of your choice the longer 85mm ones just scroll down the link

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/c/308/?

If you have a stock vorza shock you can just add these to make them into the longer ones

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/14597/

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/14596/

And add whatever d8t springs of your choice the longer 85mm ones just scroll down the link

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/c/308/?

Ah! Didn't think of using longer shafts. Have actually now got the 124mm kit off the d8t tessman coming tomorrow and already have the Gold 85mm springs so I was along the right lines then. If the 124 are alright then I'll use the parts in the links to lengthen the 112's for the front. Saves me buying another 124 set. Thanks for the info. :)

Call me stupid if you want but I personally think that a TT4.6 conversion jumps more level than an actual flux due to the motor being slightly further back!?  Either that or my lipos are proper heavy.

Ah! Didn't think of using longer shafts. Have actually now got the 124mm kit off the d8t tessman coming tomorrow and already have the Gold 85mm springs so I was along the right lines then. If the 124 are alright then I'll use the parts in the links to lengthen the 112's for the front. Saves me buying another 124 set. Thanks for the info. :)

Sorry I misread your early post I thought you wanted the stock vorza 97mm to be made into 112 mm not the 112mm made into 124 so the bits I linked are not long enough but they should be on the site linked

Sorry I misread your early post I thought you wanted the stock vorza 97mm to be made into 112 mm not the 112mm made into 124 so the bits I linked are not long enough but they should be on the site linked

Good job I didn't order them then :) The 112's do turn out to be too short even when mounted on the same hole as the body mount on the end of the tower. They are fine until you put a 750g lipo in so would probably be ok on a 4.6 nitro as the weight is about the same as a flux without a battery. When I get the 124's the 112's will probably go up for sale. Might go back to the converted nitro chassis too as I just feel the weight is more even in flight and the center shafts are thicker. Those shafts on the flux are so thin. HPI 86054 savage 8x142 is the way to go on the center rear not looked into the front one yet. Once I've spent the same amount of money as the Truggy actually costs on upgrades this thing will be unbreakable!!! :D

Good job I didn't order them then :) The 112's do turn out to be too short even when mounted on the same hole as the body mount on the end of the tower. They are fine until you put a 750g lipo in so would probably be ok on a 4.6 nitro as the weight is about the same as a flux without a battery. When I get the 124's the 112's will probably go up for sale. Might go back to the converted nitro chassis too as I just feel the weight is more even in flight and the center shafts are thicker. Those shafts on the flux are so thin. HPI 86054 savage 8x142 is the way to go on the center rear not looked into the front one yet. Once I've spent the same amount of money as the Truggy actually costs on upgrades this thing will be unbreakable!!! :D

O.K. So I don't think the 124mm HPI shocks off the D8T tessmann kit are that great either. Using the 83mm 70gf gold springs it is pretty soggy and there is only red harder ones left which are only 75gf so not much difference. My truggy weighs 5,050g with batts. If I take the battery off the shocks seem great so would be great on a nitro at 4,250g. Have now ordered Kyosho blue IF348-1016 springs which are 95mm long and roughly 83gf (from the U.S. again) as I heard the reds fit from the same line but are a little tight I don't want it too hard though. Should've just got vorza towers and modded the body mounts! Anyhow I'm waiting on some D8T towers now (from U.S. again) and changing the whole suspension geometry and hoping that I'll be at a sweet spot with 124mm shock with Kyosho blue rear, 112mm shock with gold 70gf up front. If I don't like that then I'm shelving it til next year!!!! Why can't I get bugger all in the U.K. It's a joke. Mind you if something is

shocks and springs on truggy conversions are tricky (the flux is a conversion imo).  This is why I will only buy a specific leccy designed truggy in the future.

For bashin I went with 1:5 springs.  kyosho red is the hardest 1:8 fyi

i have a drawer full of springs for 1:8 truggy's ,. perhaps u want to try some of these 1:5's ?  think i have 90 and 100mm.  can check, Pm if interested,. (pics will take a day or 2 :( 

oh, them blue springs are  1 full turn more than the reds 7.5 vs 6.5.  Thats a big difference fyi

Edited by Deafty