• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Hi just got two questions about my trophy,

Is it normal for the wheels not to turn whilst the car is stationary when turning the steering? Steering works ok when driving just not when cars still on the ground, servo is stock model as well.

Also when i switch of the tx the truggy shoots off backwards!? What's that all about?

Hi just got two questions about my trophy,

Is it normal for the wheels not to turn whilst the car is stationary when turning the steering? Steering works ok when driving just not when cars still on the ground, servo is stock model as well.

Also when i switch of the tx the truggy shoots off backwards!? What's that all about?

stock servo is no good mate get a new one and sounds like you tx rx has a fail safe set up on it was it off a intro?

No as far as I know it's the one that came with it and it's a brushless rtr not a conversion, what's a decent servo to fit these that doesn't cost big bucks as wanna save some money for a few other bits as well.

Ordered my truggy today, waiting on fresh stock so should be here next Saturday. Hope this week goes quick !

Be worth the wait mate, took mine for its first run today couldn't believe how quick it was I wasn't expecting it to be that fast!!

Little bump for the evening viewers was gonna order some bits tonight so wouldn't mind opinions on the servo or any others at modelsport got some vouchers from my birthday to use up, not sure what to look for when buying a servo, cheers guys

Its ok for the money but a savox would be better if your vouchers will stretch ??

If it was being bought in cash id have a look at the turnigy 1259 on hobbyking, i am really quite impressed with the ones i have been using..  

Hey all I also have a trophy truggy flux version, I upgraded the front and rear hubs to aluminum and did the 17mm conversion shortly after I got it, and even fabricated a brace similar to what the others have done. I love this truck and it's pretty strong and takes a beating. I just had my stock servo burn up on me last week and just ordered the savox.

Thats is correct on all the manuals i have seen red flashing lvc green flashing overheat ..Well the manual i have actually says a single green is esc overheat and a double flashing green is motor  overheat and a double red flashing is is lvc

anything else get worried and phone a friend  :tease:

Being new to RC I've learnt some handy tips and info from this site, but today I've learnt the most important lesson of all, NEVER let your wife have a go on your car, full speed into the side of a skip = broken truggy and crying me

• Like 1

Hey guys. Bought a Truggy roller to customize a while back. Been trying to find a decent shock upgrade but hit a snag. Pulse shocks not available at a decent price so heard someone say about the 112mm Vorza rears. Managed to get 2 virtually new ones cheap to try out but don't bother! You may get them to work with a nitro but they don't like the extra 750grams of a battery. Mounted them on the same bolt hole as the body mounts using a cut down bar with 85mm 75gf springs off a tessman but no!!! Am going to get a 124mm D8 tessman shock kit to try out and just ordered front and rear D8T towers from the US as I have a bulldog body on my EMTA which is going off as a roller soon. So far done 17mm all round for