• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Question for all you other Trophy 4.6 owners: Does anyone know how different a savage is to the trophy? I kind of fancy a savage but i dont know how much better/worse/different it will be to what i already have?

Alot of the parts (including the engine) are the same, although I wouldn't get a Savage if you already have a Trophy unless there is somewhere really extreme where you could take the Savage (a quarry for example.)

I don't think a Trophy could do this though:

• Like 3

Question for all you other Trophy 4.6 owners: Does anyone know how different a savage is to the trophy? I kind of fancy a savage but i dont know how much better/worse/different it will be to what i already have?

savages are a lot of work.

They dont live up to what they seem to be carmst74 had one and everytime we took it out something went wrong.

Will be complete different to a truggy, wont corner aswell just rolls

Yeah i was wondering if its just the extra ground clearance its ability to jump.

Think ill just stick some more spring platforms in to give it a little more clearance under the car as i find the handling very good and could prob do with trading off a little for more clearance - what ride heights do you runs? And are there any chassis protectors/skid plates to recommend?

Saw a rare savage 5T on ebay - 1M long with baja wheels and body!!

Edited by Smithy111

Yeah i was wondering if its just the extra ground clearance its ability to jump.

Think ill just stick some more spring platforms in to give it a little more clearance under the car as i find the handling very good and could prob do with trading off a little for more clearance - what ride heights do you runs? And are there any chassis protectors/skid plates to recommend?

de racing skid plate can be used for the truggy.

I run low cause I race. But when I bash i only put it up a wee bit.

I keep mine high because the CMCC dirt track has loads a jumps, even then the chassis rubs on the ground.

Hey guys.

My friend has an old Hot Bodies Lightning stadium sport - same as the HPI 4.6 - with a Vega .28 in it. I't not in bad nick but has been a little neglected lately after he has gotten into other things. Anyway with a clean up and a rebuild how much would he get for it. I offered a tenner but he wouldn't take it rofl.gif

Thanks, Harry.

This is a good idea. I've not got one yet, but after driving one of our members on Sunday, one is definitely on my list.

Heres some pics of Stuarty's, I'll need to get him on here as well

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4763.jpg

His is totally stock for now. All he has broken is the servo saver, some of my snazzy super glue fixed it enough for him to get a bit of run time at the track till he gets a couple of new ones. Theres a wee vid of it in the videos section as well.

Hi guys, stuarty here as recommended to join by msg!

I've had my truggy about 3 weeks or so now and joined up the local club, where everyone seems to thing it is great, as do I!

It's had an absolute beating off of me and the guys at the club and only casualties are a servo saver, now replaced, and popped the wing mount washers yesterdays a result of several cartwheels, which is an easy home fix.

Everyone says the fuel I got in my starter kit is rubbish, so I'm going to get the last litre or so done in and get some better stuff, is 25% the one to go for?

IMG_5883.jpg

• Like 1

yeah 25% what are you currently running.

I run optifuel RTR but switching to the race stuff as its just to oily

Model Technics 16%, thats what they guy at the model shop gave me with my starter pack, everyone at the track says it's rubbish tho, have about a litre to go which I intend to use up first, unless this is particularly unwise?

I have just ordered from MS 2 gal of optifuel rtr25% tho! :lol:

Folk were saying go for bryon race stuff, but as Im still a noob and still bashing a few times a week away from the track, I thought the extra protection wouldnt go amiss....

Edited by stuarty

Hi guys just ordered my Trophy hopefully ill get it tomorrow. Also bought a fail safe, humpack, and byrons 25% fule to run it picked up a couple of the fastrax glow plugs as spares for running it in. Hopefully get the engine run in over the weekend.

Hi guys just ordered my Trophy hopefully ill get it tomorrow. Also bought a fail safe, humpack, and byrons 25% fule to run it picked up a couple of the fastrax glow plugs as spares for running it in. Hopefully get the engine run in over the weekend.

Nice to see another Trophy! And you've come to the right place too... any problems, don't hesitate to ask!

It turned up today it looks sweet 2 issues though 1 with the fail safe but I'm sure I'll work the problem out the other is it seems to be slammed to the floor almost scrapping the floor. How do I adjust the ride Hight so it sits how your guys sit???

It turned up today it looks sweet 2 issues though 1 with the fail safe but I'm sure I'll work the problem out the other is it seems to be slammed to the floor almost scrapping the floor. How do I adjust the ride Hight so it sits how your guys sit???

Welcome to the club mate,

You should have had a bag of plastic inserts that are for shockers stick a phew between the spring and shock body and the ride hight will fly up . :good:

I picked up some basic spares today, great service from MUSK.

Got a throttle servo failsafe, a glowplug, 2 gal of 25%, a heat gun, oh, and a wee bottle of after run oil

Also particularly impressed that the 4 wishbones are the same part no, ie, the one spare can go n either left or right front or rear, that is what I call consumer friendly! :D

Also considered a receiver hump pack, but will it fit in the standard radio box?

Quite fancy a starter box, but there seems to be varied opinion on whether you need to remove the pull start, which I'd rather not do, the engineer in me says you shouldn't have to, as turning it over on the box is no different from the engine running, and the pull start copes with that fine?

Can you get road tyres fro a truggy, seems a shame to shred the spikes on tarmac?

Stuarty

A mod Im considering is a gravity fuel pick up for in the tank, similar to in a chain saw, ie a wee filter on the end of a bit of fllexi hose to let it keep running when upside down, rather than drawing air cos the pick up is at the bottom of the tank, dunno how fiddly it'd be to make tho?

• Like 1

I picked up some basic spares today, great service from MUSK.

Got a throttle servo failsafe, a glowplug, 2 gal of 25%, a heat gun, oh, and a wee bottle of after run oil

Also particularly impressed that the 4 wishbones are the same part no, ie, the one spare can go n either left or right front or rear, that is what I call consumer friendly! :D

Also considered a receiver hump pack, but will it fit in the standard radio box?

Quite fancy a starter box, but there seems to be varied opinion on whether you need to remove the pull start, which I'd rather not do, the engineer in me says you shouldn't have to, as turning it over on the box is no different from the engine running, and the pull start copes with that fine?

Can you get road tyres fro a truggy, seems a shame to shred the spikes on tarmac?

Stuarty

A mod Im considering is a gravity fuel pick up for in the tank, similar to in a chain saw, ie a wee filter on the end of a bit of fllexi hose to let it keep running when upside down, rather than drawing air cos the pick up is at the bottom of the tank, dunno how fiddly it'd be to make tho?

Yes hump pack will fit, as for the pullstart remove the one way bearing from it and you can use it.

Seen a lot of people using hpi phaltlines on the truggy for tarmac use.

Yes hump pack will fit, as for the pullstart remove the one way bearing from it and you can use it.

Seen a lot of people using hpi phaltlines on the truggy for tarmac use.

Thanks Hunter! :)

Cheers.

I'm not doubting you mate, but I can't get my head round the need to remove the one way bearing thing?

To my mind, the engine is spinning anti-clockwise when viewed from the flywheel end as it's running without having any adverse effect on the pullstart, so why would spinning it in the same direction on a starter box make any difference?

Not trying to be an antagonist mate, but the penny just isn't dropping for me! :blush: