• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder's 1st Baja - Sheila

Thunderwolf

just got told sonic recieved the engine today, not alot of chance i'll get hold of it before the bash though but he is trying (nice bloke)

al;so just got a tgn starter handle today in blue this time aswell as 2 bits of fuel tubing.

the fuel tubing is thicker than stock so i'm not sure how i'll go about fitting them yet...

still waiting to arrive is a team phatdad fan brace which i think is the only thing (not including the engine) i'm still waiting for...

Did you get permission from the cival avaiation authority before attempting these... :rofl:

They look massive.... Are you related to trooper as he normally goes big... and bends big

You guy's must be loaded?

My wallet cry's every night whenever its near my 5b :rofl:

yep, i got alittle trigger happy on the ramps.

end result:

chassis bent on kick up

front chassis brace is bent

front bulk head is broken

sure side engine mount brace is bent all to hell also.

thats after a quick check, i'll be taking pics of the damage tomorrow, before taking the front end apart to see how it stands.

Definately the most air I've ever seen a baja get, and after picking up the Damn thing, it sure isn't light! :lol:

i got to admit i'm surprised it lasted 1 jump, let alone 3 (4 if you include the saturday fail)

as i mentioned to someone (may have been will) i have weighed the baja and it comes in at about 12kg fully loaded.

well today i got the baja back in its tempoary home (my bedroom) ready to get the borrowed engine out and ready for a strip down so i can give it a full repair and rebuild the shocks (3 of which have leaked) the diff and replace all the bearings.

one plus side my engine arrived today :D

also got a spare front chassis brace only stock but it will suvice until i can afford a stronger one (one of the parts i have planned on upgrading anyway).

the chassis i will just bend back for now see how it goes.