• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder's 1st Baja - Sheila

Thunderwolf

ok little different since the last pics (visualy)

100_1110.jpg

100_1111.jpg

with the shell

100_1112.jpg

most notable is the cable from the coil to sparkplug is now blue.

also added is a billet coil spacer, new wing, smaller engine shroud, killer rc super stainless steel starter cable.

on one side i've put the vertigo clipless/boltless axle on, not done the other side yet but i willd o either later today or tomorrow.

and now can anyone tell me what is odd about the car?

Edited by Thunderwolf

Spring :whistling:

spoilt sport, you already knew lol

but yes the spring on the samba either came off at the bash on sunday or i didn't put it on after my engine problems in which case it could be anywhere by now lol

on the plus side i have bought some torx screws, 3 of which now hold the engine on the chassis, i got 2 more which i will place in the gearplate - clutch housing.

i had to get the stock t shape allen key thing, put it on its side and use a ring spanner with a screwdriver in the other end to get enough leverage to get the old screws off however.

if anyone wants good threadlock i sudjest you pm gav (sphinx) and get a air powered wrench when you want to get them off again :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

ok got alittle update, i've been very busy trying to get her ready for the bash this sunday.

after a short run i ended up with a dog bone coming out, from a visual inspection nothing seems to be broken, looking at the dog bone however it has been twisted (i assume from the 29cc engine i got in it) it is also alittle bent.

currently she is in bits but i have replaced the stock brake section with the alloy turtle racing counter part, i also ditched the useless spring and plastic holder for a collet and fuel tube setup, i have also replaced the throttle servo for a savox i originaly bought to handle the savvy's steering but as the savage may not be ready in time for the bash it can help with the epic problem i have with braking power instead.

in the pipeline is afew cosmetic changes as it has dawned on me it too black/dark and me no like it :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

ok little update.

being realy lazy the last few weeks and just cba with doing anything to the cars right now.

but i've replaced the rear shock tower supports which are plastic and have deformed from the heat of the samba and put some silver gh racing ones on instead.

so that should kill 2 birds with one stone, they can handle the heat plus they will stiffen up the rear suspension alittle bit.

got 2 of 4 inter beadlock rings on now, personaly i like the gun metal on the inside, much less "in your face" look to it compaired to the silver, just got to do the other side and thats all done.

currently i'm pricing up the cost of the theme change.

which so far includes the ds roof scoop i have here awaiting dye treatment, currently on the list of things to get are:

wheels and outer beadlocks in white so i can dye them aswell

shell which i'll get painted by someone..

and i'll either clean and dye my current fuel tank to save alittle of just buy a new one and dye that for ease

and possibly a new wing in either sliver or white, not sure.

still in the planning stages so it could change yet.

also looking into changing the exhaust, samba is all well and good but its too much of a racer's pipe for me, so if anyone wants to trade with me drop me a pm.

and finaly i'm looking into getting the engine replaced as since taking it apart i no longer trust in this one, still need to replace the fan cover and fan side of the crankcase.

well time to get this change underway.

ordered some outer beadlock rings and wheels in white from mmr and also bought the dye i need from ebay.

i'm also talking to 2 people about getting annew shell painted up.

ontop of that there are plans with aterlatus to get a light kit set on on it which is sort of in the planning stages still.

doing simple changes but should add up to a nice effect after....or it will look totaly odd, one of the 2 lol

• 2 weeks later...

possibly the last time i'll have a pic of my baja looking like this guys take a good look, ignore that pos lattner ramp its sitting on...

100_1277.jpg

100_1278.jpg

on th elist of replacment parts:

Outer Beadlocks
Wheels
Roofscoop
Wing
Shell

all but the shell are coming in white and will be dyed one of 2 colours, the fuel tank will be cleaned and dyed aswell.

in all it should look quite different...

next on the list is replacing this pipe and engine.

if anyone wants any of th eparts i'm replacing then drop me a pm and i'll go and post em out once replaced

Edited by Thunderwolf

• 2 weeks later...

i have pictures again....as the change of look has encountered a delay of the parenting kind (shed needed to get all car out of bedroom)

but there are afew changes
100_1289.jpg

first is the rear wing
100_1287.jpg

got it from rover man on here, it much bigger than stock and also has alot of downforce which oddly enough means my high speed cornering is better as it no longer wants to roll.

i have only rolled it over once but i took it ok, will see how it holds up after afew runs though.

second is at the rear, i have had enough of the exhaust slapping oil and letting dirt cling to the rear of the car, so i put this on to deflect it away alittle more.
100_1288.jpg

another thing you will noticed is right up front
100_1290.jpg

at the last bash i had this same camera velcro'ed to the wing (you can see in pics as velcro is still there) seems like a good and easy place to put it and also protected from crashes.

problem is the engine and the stiff rear suspention set up ment for very shakey footage, but with use of a light pod mont from modified rc, a bit of the silicone nose i didn't use on the exhaust, an allen key and the bike mont that came with the camera, i have mouted it right up front.

its able to move back towards the shock tower in a crash, its no were near the engine so any EMF shouldn't effect the picture and the front shocks are quite soft so hopefully it should work out quite well. but i'll have to run it to find out.

one thing you would not notice is the iridium spark plug i've installed on the engine...

Edited by Thunderwolf

• 3 weeks later...

ok now we are finaly getting some where.

i had had a word with mmr, they gave me a full refund and they also said they would fullfill the order aswell....still nothing but i got a refund so i can't complain, i'll just buy the bits when i can :)

i have also bought a new shell so i can get it painted up ready by mark at outlaw graphics which shall be good.

i've also ditched the samba, been a nice pipe but it more of a racers thing and i have ordered a new pipe for her...

so new pipe by the end of the week and hopfully a new shell by the end of the month, may even have everything else but i won't hold my breath

plug broke (broke 2 actualy, first one was a iridium plug) but the landing has also damaged the resistor cover thingy, i got a new plug on it now (one of very few spare parts i have) but the cover is causing problems :(