• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Revorocks's E-Revo Brushless Edition

Revorocks

Probably to make a point about not getting away with breaking stuff!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you did it, but hitting people in the pocket ususally gets messages across better, especially when they're saving for something/things :confused:

Can't you just persuade them that you could fix it, with it just being as strong e.g. fixing some sort of plate to both the inside and outside?

Well, I was thinking of trying to fix it my self, but knowing my step dad he'd just be more annoyed. But yeah inject some PVA in there, push it together and paint over and it's fixed. So over the top making me pay for a new one...

They say the reason they are punishing me is because I have to learn to respect other peoples stuff. I'm insulted by that as I always take care of what isn't mine, it was just an accident! Yes I shouldn't of gotten drunk and done it, but I've never done something like that before, and I am sorry for doing it.

I don't mine paying £50 to fix it, as it was my fault. But £300 is just way over the top! Hardly going to "teach me a lesson", more likely make me hate them and want to leave home ASAP.

And for my 18th, I did actually ask for about £300 to fund the MMM combo and LiPo's, but they said no and want to buy me something nice like a watch. I don't want a watch! :( I have passed my driving test but I'm not getting a car for my 18th as the insurance is just insane.

Also, they said they'd give me 2 skiing holidays if I got into Lancing college. I did, but don't want to go on them as none of my friends are going, and I'd rather the money was spent on something else. Each holiday was £900! I said to my mum, if I don't go on them can I have some money instead, or an RC car, she said yes I'm sure we can sort something out. Now it comes to it, I'm asking for a MMM combo, and she completely denies saying it! So frustrating, and now I have to write everything down my says so I have some proof. Pathetic IMO :confused:

So here I am, £300 and 2 skiing holidays out of the window, and now she's having a go at me for being down and nasty.

How can she expect me to be cheery and nice. And what's funny is this:

Mum - "I want you to have a nice birthday but your attitude stinks, so don't make me give you a crap birthday because it will make me feel bad for the rest of the year!"

Oh and about the guinea pig cage, I can easily fix it. There are 2-3 splits in the plastic, which can be super glued. She's saying it won't be strong and the cat will be able to get in there. Seriously? That's complete c***, she just want's to make me pay for another one for the sake of it to punish me more. It's so unnecessary!!! :(

Edited by revorocks

Life really is a b***h sometimes! Seems damn unfair on you!

Don't see why your step dad won't let you buy the spare bannister pole thing and fit it yourself to his standard, seems mightily unjust :confused:

Guessing you've tried the above though. I would normally say it's not worth arguing but

Right well, I'm banking the money on Saturday, then I'll order:

The Ansmann W3.1 2.4GHz

Castle Creations MMM Combo

2x Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 2S 25~50C Lipo Pack ? (it's 25C constant, should I be looking at 30-35C? The 40C's are a bit pricey...

2x Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack

For the programming I will borrow my friends cable. Also need a selection of pinions (any advice?)

I want it to have an INSANE top speed but suitable for long running on grass. Looking for around 60-65mph. Is this achievable with Badlands MT tires?

These Turnigy 5000mAh 3S 30C Lipo Pack is cheaper than Nano-Tech's and has a higher constant discharge. I'm guessing it's better? How would 2 of those and 2

Turnigy 5000mAh 2S 30C Lipo Pack

Edited by revorocks

Ok, would you advise getting 2 2S packs, and 2 3S packs, then buying some more 3S packs in the future then?

Also, what gearing shall I go for considering I will be running mostly on grass/concrete. As long as it beats a Savage Flux on 6S in a drag race significantly I will be happy :lol:

How's 22/54? Would it get hot? Also where should I get the pinions from? I really don't have a clue :P

Edited by revorocks

For gearing mate i would use what traxxas recommend, cant remember what it is but its on there site. As for pinions, i use rw racing ones, available from Modelsport or ebay. Running 6s is a true eyeopener, hope you have plenty of room. If your gonna use badlands make sure they are taped. On of mine ballooned and the foam insert ripped and was thrown to one side of the tyre. Mate, 6s in a vehicle of this size is great fun. You truly wont believe the power.

Ok, would you advise getting 2 2S packs, and 2 3S packs, then buying some more 3S packs in the future then?

Also, what gearing shall I go for considering I will be running mostly on grass/concrete. As long as it beats a Savage Flux on 6S in a drag race significantly I will be happy :lol:

How's 22/54? Would it get hot? Also where should I get the pinions from? I really don't have a clue :P

4S was enough for me, ITs probably doing around 45mph, which is a hell of alot faster that it sounds when its that big and flying towards you.

For gearing mate i would use what traxxas recommend, cant remember what it is but its on there site. As for pinions, i use rw racing ones, available from Modelsport or ebay. Running 6s is a true eyeopener, hope you have plenty of room. If your gonna use badlands make sure they are taped. On of mine ballooned and the foam insert ripped and was thrown to one side of the tyre. Mate, 6s in a vehicle of this size is great fun. You truly wont believe the power.

I can't wait :D

Not sure what to do about the Badlands. They are not currently taped, and I need some new rims as the hex is slightly stripped and I would like black wheels ideally. What's the best method for removing the tires? And once I get them off what type of tape should I use?

22/54 is probably a good starting point :)

Get acouple more spurs and pinions to adjust the gearing if you can afford it.

As for "will it get hot", it depends on how much cooling there is ;)

I saw the gearing chart, but read that the motor gets quite hot if you run 22/56 off-road :confused: Maybe 19/56 would be more suitable?

revo-manual-speed-guide.png

4S was enough for me, ITs probably doing around 45mph, which is a hell of alot faster that it sounds when its that big and flying towards you.

True, I think my nitro Revo maxed out around there and was pretty damn quick, I'd still like the E-Revo to be faster. Have you used a Savage Flux on 6S? That's how fast I want my Revo to be :whistling: