• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North london Bash Discussion

Bazzokajoe

OH MY GOD!! There's a blast from the past :) How you doing mate? I think the last time I saw you was the time "other Josh" drove over your Vorza in Trent park with his 1:1 car lol.

Sunday's are at Hackney Marshes with Jim's lot. I think our next big bash is the 2nd or 3rd - keep an eye on our website for the date http://www.northlondonbashers.co.uk There is some talk of a Southgate bash before that but not sure how many people will be attending as it's not an "official" NLB bash.

Hey man yeah its been a while! i did go to the last bash actually, didn't see you there :P

i've finished uni now so i should be able to make future bashes hopefully

wanted people's thoughts on the location before i head back to take pics and check out the terrain.

http://maps.google.c...ved=0CBkQ8gEwAA

its priory park on that map.

Its not a very big place, - I have been there lots on my own mid week when its empty - If its a nice day you wont have much space to operate.

As much as I like the idea of a bash being so near - if the weather is good, there will be a lot of people - mainly small kids, around.

I have had words with one of the park guys when I ran a nitro car there and he was alright about me running after a 5 min chat , but very weary of the dangers - but if there were loads of nitro there you definately will get turfed out.

What date is the proposed bash?

BTW - on 3 recent mid week evening bashes I have bumped into random people with their cars - and told them all about NLB - so hopefully some may make contact - could do with some business cards being printed so I can hand them out.

R.

Priory park is well busy, I used to run a sandmaster over there (a long time ago) and it was always packed.

It's right near Crouch End which is baby capital of North London so hundreds of mums and kids.

Just around the corner from there though it this. http://maps.google.c...014602&t=h&z=17

loads of connected gravel car parks. its a pretty good spot with a road (tarmac) that runs down one side. Limited but good fun.

Jimmy,

That red dusty gravel area at on the right of the car park is a dream to bash on. Nice and deserted and almost designed for 4 wheel drifting :good:

Those carparks are fun too, but there are regular events where they are used, and there is a farmers market by the main road on quite a few sunday mornings

Its got much more going for it than Priory, also the massive grass area to the right is generally empty all the time.

Best place to park is the End of Redston road and walk though the field at the bottom. Also best to stay away from the top of the hill where Ally Pally is and all the CCTV Cameras!

Ally Pally isnt public space, its managed privately so you need to keep a low profile - as you do when 20 blokes with their cars show up for some 4 wheeled mahem ! :whistling:

-

• 8 months later...