• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

GCM DB savage flux build

dirtyhabitz

definitely highly recommended!!! not only does it improve performance, it adds a little bling to the mean machine! HPI Europe were at one point selling them on their site. But now you have to find an LHS who deal with them and go through them which is annoying...

I'd defo go for the conversion set, improves handling no end and seems strong as hell. I found the one I bought for £90 on-line at some quite obscure shop that sold lots of toys and bikes as well... Will try and find a link for you :good:

Lovely looking build btw!!!! If only I had the money I'd convert my nitro savvy now.... Maybe one day :rolleyes:

Edited by grumpygramps

Your Spis look so shiny!!!! I remember when mine were like that... but since boiling tyres off them multiple times now, they have lost their shine... I will polish them up at some point!

I have bashed mine bloody hard without any dents or bends!!! amazing rims! And whats better.. .life time warrenty!!!

Remember... strap your badlands or they will balloon and they wont do their job properly!!!!

Regarding your hex and plastic rim issue... i areldite all my hexs into plastic wheel to prevent shredding! Works very well!!!

Here is the link for the rear tie rod deletes

ebay- integy tie rod deletes - i hate integy but everyone knows that these are quality items, so dont worry.... If you would like to drop some serious coin, and have a truggy style handling savage, which i know you do wink.gif then get this savage suspension conversion... they have the rear tie rod deletes already! AMAZING STUFF!! and they are cheap now! Only

That obscure shop wouldn't happen to be Parkers of Bolton would it GG?

They are a bike shop that does RC and maybe toys also.

I got a set of XL axles from them when I couldn't find them anywhere else.

But if you could find the link for the place you got yours from that would be great thanks.

Cheers :good:

Just been rumaging through some paypal archives and it was Roundabout RC where they came from (not sure what I got from t'other place with the bikes..!), but it must've been in a sale or something as they don't have them anymore... Sorry!

damn i didnt even find them on the bay! should look harder!

No Josh,don't try harder :whistling: lol.

Just been rumaging through some paypal archives and it was Roundabout RC where they came from (not sure what I got from t'other place with the bikes..!), but it must've been in a sale or something as they don't have them anymore... Sorry!

No need to be sorry GG,thank you for taking the time to look for me. :good:

I've had no luck finding them either,I did find another obscure cycle shop that lists them tho,Southwater cycles.

The only place I could find that kit is on eBay-USA,but when you add up the shipping and the Customs and Post office charges (if you get hit with them)

and the time it takes for it to arrive,it doesn't seem worth it.

I think I'll look for a local HPI dealer who I can order from,like Josh suggested,and get the kit at

Thanks for the kind words Darren!

The wheels should be on for the weekend hopefully and pics will be posted soon after.

My plan is to get it dialed in as best I can really,most of the major jobs are done,so now it's mostly fine tuning.

There's way to much sag in the suspension so I'll be fitting heavier springs and shock oil or shock pistons,either or.

I'll be playing about with the diff oil as well. The rear isn't that bad but the front may need some work.

I think I'll need to swap the XL axle's back to the stock one's as the new SPI wheels have a fair amount of off-set,I'll have to suck it and see on that.

I may get a "bling" shell painted,maybe by Jon miller,but thats just a maybe for now (I've got a killer design if I do tho).

I'll keep updating with pics as I go so,watch this space:good:

Cheers!

No worries mate its the truth mate, it looks stunning :good: .

I look forword to seeing pictures of the wheels on mate.

Sounds like good plans mate i cant wait to here what you have bought for it next.

Defo get a bling shell although the shell you already have looks half decent.

Thanks Again Darren.

Thanks Darren!

I should have time on Saturday morning to build the wheels up, fit new springs (yellow) and fit a new clutch pad as original one is toast! lol.

My AWC hard case shell is BATTERED already!!

I even managed to tear it off the chassis yesterday,breaking the plastic body mounts and cracking the body in several places :( .

It's was fine with just your normal everyday kind'a driving,like the odd traction roll or flip over but didn't like cart-wheeling and barrel rolling at 30mph after a 25 foot jump LOL!!

So I need to have a re-think as far as shells go.

What I need is HD steel shock towers and body mounts! :P

I'll just go and take some pics of the shell so you can see what I mean..

101_0105.jpg

101_0106.jpg

101_0108.jpg

101_0109.jpg

101_0110.jpg

This shell has only seen 6 sets of lipos! :o

:o Shocked mate that shell is now knackered lol, so yeah if you get jon miller etc to do you a smart shell it will just have to be for show otherwise it wont last 5 mins lol.

Good luck if you manage to get the wheels mounted tomorrow i look forward to seeing a pics.

Thanks Again Darren.

I won't be buying another one thats for sure.

But lexan doesn't last much,if any longer and offers very little protection.

For me the only up-sides to lexan is looks and weight.

I'm thinking about a roll cage,maybe.

I've looked at the MAIN5T ones on ebay but they are very expensive and look home made,which they are.

I'm wondering if I could make one myself out of 12mm Nylon rod and end up with some light weight protection?

As long as a cage could be removed quickly and easily for servicing I think a Nylon rod cage could work and look good.

But for now I'll be getting a lexan shell,not sure which one tho,anyone have any thoughts??

Edited by dirtyhabitz

They do seem really tough don't they?

It's just that £125+ odd change is a lot for what amounts to around 1 metre of 12mm Nylon rod,4 brackets and some self tapper scews.

I've done a bit of research and I can get 1 metre of 12mm Nylon rod for under a fiver,clearly the screws won't be a problem,

it's just the brackets,I cant find them anywhere. Maybe MAIN5T make their own (?).

If I can come up with a bracket solution I'll try to make my own cage.

Not sure if the "Mad Max" look would go with my shiney alloy wheels tho LOL.

Edited by dirtyhabitz

the one on ebay seems pretty ugly and not exactly a complex design which couldnt be copied out of pvc.

there was a very skilled member on here which made roll cages, i forgot his member name but i am sure someone can pitch in, mabye you should contact him and ask him if he can make you one.

the only other roll cage i could find was this one http://shop.rc-solutions.com/Savage-X-Roll-Cage-Black-110.htm although its made for the savage x i think it should fit due to there chassis being much like the saveg flux but it doesnt seem to good as its made out of aluminum and that will pass the impact onto the next component.

hope that helps

the one on ebay seems pretty ugly and not exactly a complex design which couldnt be copied out of pvc.

there was a very skilled member on here which made roll cages, i forgot his member name but i am sure someone can pitch in, mabye you should contact him and ask him if he can make you one.

the only other roll cage i could find was this one http://shop.rc-solut...e-Black-110.htm although its made for the savage x i think it should fit due to there chassis being much like the saveg flux but it doesnt seem to good as its made out of aluminum and that will pass the impact onto the next component.

hope that helps

Thanks fella!

I've just emailed MA1N5T asking if they would sell me the brackets separately,if they will and the cost isn't to silly I'm gonna give it a go myself (whats the worst that can happen lol)

But if thats a no go I'll do a post asking for :helpsmilie: and see I can track down the guy your talking about.

That alloy cage looks good but won't alloy just bend and crack/break with a big impact?

I do abuse my flux and crash spectacularly sometimes :P so I need something tough as old boots really.

Thanks for looking for me RM :good: