• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Michael Schumacher: Go and retire now (again)

Matty777

Ok, so there wasn't an accident but that was more luck than judgement. The Schumacher fanboys are praising him for such an excellent manoeuvre but does anyone really believe that he was able to estimate just the amount of room to leave Rubens at those speeds? Just look what happened to Webber & Kovalainen in valencia.

Yes trying to squeeze someone is OK, but not right against the pit wall at those speeds that late into a pass attempt. It was just plain reckless and the sign of someone desperate not to loose a place, especially to a former team mate (who lets face it was the second driver at the time). Plus what if someone was just exiting the pits at the time, that would have been carnage.

It must be really frustrating for Schumacher, 7 time world champion driving last years championship winning car but the pieces just aren't there and its not just the car thats not performing, Rosberg has shown him up several times. Schumacher should just call it a day and go out gracefully, not in a 200mph fireball with a Brazilian.

EDIT: Just read this, Schumacher himself even admits it was too much

“Yesterday right after the race I was still in the heat of the event, but after I watched the scene with Rubens again, I must say that the stewards were right in their assessment: the manoeuvre against him was too hard
Edited by adequate

I don't disagree with that, maybe Schuey shouldn't be back at all??confused.gif

A Schuey fan boy I am not but as with most things, this needs to be put into context of it being in an F1 race.

And yes I do believe Schuey knew how far to squeeze and when to stop. He has ability and experience that no one on here could rival.

I will admit to having done similar moves when racing, some worked, some ended up with me going out. C'est la vie - that's racing.

As for that quote, I'm not sure how much was for the media. He went on to say:

"I didn't want to endanger him with my manoeuvre. If he had this feeling I am sorry, this was not my intention."

Now to me that doesn't sound like he was overly sorry for the move he made.

Lets face it, I've seen cars side by side at Monaco and only escaped cos one backed off.

Which Barrichello couldn't do without risking hitting Schui's rear wheel, like I said.

This isnt the worst thing Schui has done this season, he's making a habit of making some pretty stupid manouvres because he cant accept that things have moved on since he retired.

There was only a very small period when Barri couldn't have backed off.

It was a hard move but I have a lot of respect for schuey, moves like that add a bit of

spice to a race still too dependent on tactics not driving. Until he screws up, I'll be hoping

for more of the same. Personally I think he's trying to send out a message to combat

all this talk of him being past it. Without laying on the cheddar, he's probably just added

2ft to the width of his car if he's made a few drivers wary of him.wink.gif

My thoughts exactly!

Oh theirs a very huge difference.

Senna VS Prost. (these guys didnt just dislike each other, they hated each other, but still showed respect on the track to each other apart from one senna move, and thats what your basing your opinion on, you where still in nappys when senna died.)

now they where racing on the ragged edge. and still hardly ever came togeather.

now thets have a look at shumacher.

the reason in the beggining he is smiling after his crash, is because he just won the world championship because he took out Hill. And yes that is Senna giving him a peice of his mined after he took him out as well.

And that vid didnt even show the cheating that went on in 1994. when he was using ileagle launch control. or when his team tamperd with the refueling rig to make it pump fuel out faster, nearly causing shumachers own death.

His driving was nothing like Senna's. Not even in the same ball park.

Okay I'm of an age where I can respect peoples opinion....but "racing" ??????? Are you seriously saying that's racing....if so you don't know Motorsport very well at all.

The only place you will see that sort of move on a fairly regular basis, apart from Demolition Derby, is NASCAR and even then it's dangerous and illegal.

Whether you are of the opinion that Rubens should have yielded or MS defended once is absolute BS. Rubens had made the commitment to overtake right side, and MS plain and simple tried to put to put him in the Pit Wall.

This kind of manoeuvre, bad enough where there is run outs, is absolute ruddy madness when there is a Pit Wall in the offing. It's not the streets of Monaco, it's the dirty great wide pit straight in Hungary that has room for plenty.

If it wasn't bad as many here are saying, then why did the most experienced driver in F1 get on the Radio and go nuts! "He should be Black Flagged....that was horrible" He's hardly a Mansell whinge type!

That wasn't racing it was a premeditated attempt to take him out, listen to the commentary minutes before about how bad MS was driving, with over aggressive door shutting.

In Fact, just read some breaking story from the Stewards (Derek Warwick) That if it ahdn't been so close to the end of the race, he would have be blacked and disqualified.

..........."We interviewed Rubens and Michael and it was kind of disappointing how Michael handled it,.......

Edited by Matty777