• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4 S50 THE BUILD!- Pg8, more damage, new shell?

Paul_TDi

lol I'm sure it wouldn't, after all it landed on the roof so the roll bar/handle took most of the grunt.

You may of noticed the truck being all over the show and not particularly straight..... well it's not my driving (honest!) my bearings are shot on the rear wheels mainly so they have quite a wobble on!

Just need to get them replaced and then she's all good again.

and I WILL get round to winding in my settings, does your engine match my tones in the vid? I do have the 2 speed changed screw wound out so it changes gear almost instantly, think I'll wind it in a little bit for next time though.

yay! got my new bearings only 7 quid for 10 delivered, I just went for rubber shield ones being on a tight budget at the moment.

I have also found my next big upgrade....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270740883322&category=100044&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_500wt_922

basically gives me 17mm hex nuts, rather than 8mm axles. I'm tempted to get some other hubs though and mod to take bigger bearings so the wheel bearings don't knacker as quickly.

Indeed they do and all because of the new there MTA4 G3, there electric brushless version which is being released with them as standard and also beadlock wheels which was also being added as an upgrade for the S50.

Now if only if I had some money to buy it all!

So when I thought the bearings were gone I didn't think 1 would be obliterated!..................

IMG00224-20110514-1151.jpg

IMG00225-20110514-1155.jpg

The new bearings do have some play on the fitments into the hubs though so I think the plastic has been mishapened a wee bit. Will have to get alloy hubs for the rear when funds allow.

Tell me about it, I was like and there lays the problem with my wonky handling.

I gave her a good thrashing today and the one way bearing gave up, if you listen carefully in the last video I you can hear something binding as I accelerate and pretty sure it was that as it got louder today.

certainly wont help the handling that and bummer on the owb :(

well good news went to lhs today and my new cranckcase had arrived so spent most of today stripping and rebuilding engine hopefully if not raining get it running tomorrow fingers crossed thats my probs fixed

Edited by Stormbringer

excellent news on the crankcase, it's always a pain waiting for parts!

Actually not sure if it is the OWB now, think the clutch might of welded itself to the bell after some severe cliff climbing.

Apparently my truck doesn't like it's bearings at the moment......

IMG00231-20110517-1904.jpg

One knackered clutch bell bearing = clutch jammed into drive!

I suppose at least it's cheaper fix than the other thoughts I had.

• 2 weeks later...

Another days bashing and another days damage....

Firstly though I was fed up with having to replace the old cable tie and fuel line on the head trick after every run. I had recently bought some nylon rod for the body posts and thought why not.... so a few kettles of water later and drilling a few holes... voila!

IMG_0800.jpg

And the body posts needed some attention after the landing in the last video they had just snapped off at the adjuster holes. So I made these, couple of holes and bit of tape to shim them out.

IMG_0797.jpg

Unfortunately after jumping the road featured in one of my first videos a few times the following damage was made.....

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

once removed and after trying to straighten it the thread just snapped off-

IMG_0802.jpg

maybe i need a new shell now?...

IMG_0795.jpg

Thankfully I had a spare upper suspension arm so that was fixed in no time, just need to order a new turnbuckle.

A lot better than my mates damage for the day after snapping his carbon fibre chassis.

I also found an app for BB to record top speed and after a quick blat on grass I recorded a speed of 34mph.

wow at least your getting a fair bit of use out of yours , my engine appeared to have seized but on inspection found the conrod had gone and broke the piston and parts of piston had logged tween crank and case so im awaiting a new piston , liner and conrod lol

when you run yours have you any idea what temp it runs at as my one i always fealt ran to hot ?

nice idea about the head protection tho good.gif

Oh blimey, your not having much luck with yours at the moment.

My brothers ansmann 28 engine recently did that, conrod gave up and mangled the entire engine!

Next time I run her I'll take my reptile infrared along and check temp, I've never bothered though.

Oh blimey, your not having much luck with yours at the moment.

My brothers ansmann 28 engine recently did that, conrod gave up and mangled the entire engine!

Next time I run her I'll take my reptile infrared along and check temp, I've never bothered though.

nope not much luck lol

and cheers for going to check temps good.gif

Maybe by the time you have an engine again I would of remembered to wind in and check my settings for you too.

Are you just buying a complete engine or getting parts. I know on some engines it's occasionally cheaper just to buy a complete engine.

Maybe by the time you have an engine again I would of remembered to wind in and check my settings for you too.

Are you just buying a complete engine or getting parts. I know on some engines it's occasionally cheaper just to buy a complete engine.

well its 153 for a new 1 but a piston , liner and conrod work out at 66 quid so going for the bits whenever TT or Amerang decide to get them in and send em out lol

• 3 years later...

Hmmmm well the shocks went back together but not too securely, so with a few cable ties here and there, hopefully it will hold out for the time being until I can get these, yep cheap and from china, can't be that good but it's 30 quid for that SET or tenner for 2 stock shocks!:confused:IMG00747-20100930-0914.jpgI had also let loose with the dremel on the shell then slapped some mesh and araldite on it to gain these results....IMG00746-20100927-0706.jpgIMG00748-20100930-0937.jpgNow here's what you have all been waiting for the Nova Race head, boy it's shiny!IMG00754-20101001-2038.jpgIMG00753-20101001-2037.jpgIt was a very tight fit on the engine compared to the fairly slack fit of the standard head.IMG00755-20101001-2056.jpgSticks out the shell a fair bit more, I'm going to get some cable ties and fuel line around that baby to keep it in good nick, might consider attempting to build a roll cage too.IMG00756-20101001-2056.jpgI'll be able to run it on Sunday, see how it performs with that on now!.Comments and suggestions please!:good:

. Mate please send me the link for where u got the head from I want one

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but pretty sure Nova-RC shut down a few years ago.

This is there eBay seller account- http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=nova-rc&ftab=AllFeedback

Which states they are no longer a registered user.

I think your only chance now is if one pops up on ebay from old stock somewhere or a 2nd hand one. When searching try AE MGT 8.0 aswell.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but pretty sure Nova-RC shut down a few years ago.

This is there eBay seller account- http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=nova-rc&ftab=AllFeedback

Which states they are no longer a registered user.

I think your only chance now is if one pops up on ebay from old stock somewhere or a 2nd hand one. When searching try AE MGT 8.0 aswell.

nice one Paul much appreciated