• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

M-troinks failsafe cuts off with brake applied

Ministeve

Hello, i am very new to the Nitro rc concept and need advice concerning my throttle servo with the M-troinks failsafe. The problam i'm having is that the m-troinks failsafe is cutting off when the brake is applied. I have done a video on youtube to demonstrate this annoying thing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMNRJHgn1q8 - very sorry about the quality and sound.

Anyone that can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

I had a similar problem when I first bought mine although it was the opposite when I applied full throttle for more than a second it applied the brakes., I thought it was faulty and sent it back and had another sent out. Same thing still happened. I now have a 2.4ghz.

But after thinking long and hard I think I no what the problem is, if to much force is being applied the failsafe kicks in to protect the servo gears, so what must be happening is your servo is putting to much force on the brakes. Loosen off the little brake adjuster things and try that, it should help.

I skipped through the video but you mentioned another problem?? What is that and I will try to help aswell.

One thing I can suggest either get a 2.4ghz or a HPI failsafe they are a lot easier to set up

Hope this helps

HUNTER

Had the same problem with mine aswell. Lower the throttle trim on the TX ;)

Lower it untill it stops cutting in, or just put it at it's lowest setting then raise it till it starts to go into failsafe mode then back it off a bit :)

Actually, your is when holding the brakes, mine was when I was accelerating. It is definatly due to the servos being under strain.

Edited by revorocks

this could be battery voltage, if the servo is under max torque when it stalled and can't move any further, like under braking and pulling the throttle full open it would be drawing most current it could pull down the voltage from the receiver pack, especially if it's not a 6v one.

pretty sure the failsafe has a battery voltage monitor, so it could be failing safe when the voltage drops

check to see if there are options for either disabling the volt monitor or changing for rechargeable pack voltages

Edited by dexterslab

Yes I agree with everyone else here, I bought an Mtroniks failsafe and it was a major disapointment. It seems very hit and miss as to whether it works or not, however more annoyingly it is supplied with some of the most unclear and confusing instructions I have ever come across, especially if like me you are new to nitro cars. Meh, even now 7 months later when I read it, they are still poorly written.

Get a Fastrax one, bought that as a replacement and I have not looked back since good.gif

Edited by ghuk

Mine used to come on at full throttle even with what I thought were good batts.

Haven't had a problem since changing to 6v pack tho.wink.gif

Agree about the instructions but mine has never failed. Needed it a few times and

it's only failed when the battery chose it's own route round a corner. Can't really

blame it for that tho.whistling.gif

had 1 of those in fact still got it in the box of bits pieces , worked great in the 27 mhz but when i changed to the 2.4 ghz it was problematic , just as well the spekky has a built in fail safe :good:

I had a similar problem when I first bought mine although it was the opposite when I applied full throttle for more than a second it applied the brakes., I thought it was faulty and sent it back and had another sent out. Same thing still happened. I now have a 2.4ghz.

But after thinking long and hard I think I no what the problem is, if to much force is being applied the failsafe kicks in to protect the servo gears, so what must be happening is your servo is putting to much force on the brakes. Loosen off the little brake adjuster things and try that, it should help.

I skipped through the video but you mentioned another problem?? What is that and I will try to help aswell.

One thing I can suggest either get a 2.4ghz or a HPI failsafe they are a lot easier to set up

Hope this helps

HUNTER

Hey thanks :) i'll look into getting another failsafe, see if that makes a difference

When i loosen off the brake adjuster completely it still cuts off, so i dont think that its anything to do with strain on the gears /:

Thanks ^_^

Ministeve

this could be battery voltage, if the servo is under max torque when it stalled and can't move any further, like under braking and pulling the throttle full open it would be drawing most current it could pull down the voltage from the receiver pack, especially if it's not a 6v one.

pretty sure the failsafe has a battery voltage monitor, so it could be failing safe when the voltage drops

check to see if there are options for either disabling the volt monitor or changing for rechargeable pack voltages

Hey ;)

Thanks for the reply, i'll have a look at whether its insufficient power from the battery

Would the best way to do this by replacing them with brand new ones? if it don't cut off then, i'll know its voltage from the battery its loosing

Thanks

Ministeve ^_^

Yes I agree with everyone else here, I bought an Mtroniks failsafe and it was a major disapointment. It seems very hit and miss as to whether it works or not, however more annoyingly it is supplied with some of the most unclear and confusing instructions I have ever come across, especially if like me you are new to nitro cars. Meh, even now 7 months later when I read it, they are still poorly written.

Get a Fastrax one, bought that as a replacement and I have not looked back since good.gif

Cool thats great thanks :D

I'lll look into buying that soon

Thanks

Ministeve :P