• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What 1/8 monster truck to get?

RC_Ollie

23 members have voted

1. 1. What 1/8 monster truck to get?

• savage X 4.6
    • aftershock LE
    • other ( post below )

Hi

I'm after a 1/8 monster truck. I'm thinking of a savage x 4.6 or a losi aftershock LE. please vote in the poll or suggest a different one below, please give reasons for your choices.

it can be a nitro or electric.

it can't be over

I voted other, the Traxxas Revo reasons: it's light years ahead of the savage, handles loads better, easier to work on, better handling, cheap to repair and plenty of scope for hopups.

i`d say savage as i have one lol. revo`s imo are overpriced. not sayin the are bad as never had one. savages are widely available wwell under 400 quid for a good 2nd hander, and you could have plenty to spare and make it bullet proof lol. good luck.

the mta4 or the thunder tiger sledge hammer are good trucks as well , when i got the savage i gave serious consideration to the mta4 but i had had a hankering for a savage and if i hadnt got it it would have played on my mind lol

but if i do get another mt the mta4 and sledgehammer would have a very serious consideration

savage 3.5 is 20 quid more

and my local shop was throwing in wheely bar and reverse module for the price

but whatever yopu get good luck with it and hope you have many hours of fun with it :good:

Edited by Stormbringer

i`d say savage as i have one lol. revo`s imo are overpriced. not sayin the are bad as never had one. savages are widely available wwell under 400 quid for a good 2nd hander, and you could have plenty to spare and make it bullet proof lol. good luck.

Exactly you have only had one.

I have had both of them, and I have to say although the sav is good, it is nowhere near as good as the revo.

And you can have some very nice revos for under

ive got a savage, tmaxx and schumacher raptor and tbh i prefer the tmaxx over the savage but then savage does have a good back up for spares but all mt's are unstable. not tried a revo yet but have heard more good press than bad about them so i wouldnt over look that at all as from what ive read the handling is a hell of alot better than the savage or tmaxx, my schumacher out handles both my other mt's as it has larger and wider wheels and tires from stock but also sits slightly lower so isnt as top heavy yet these are not as easy to get spares for.. it all depends though on your budget and really what your going to do with it, sav best for bashing as like mention previously the spares are readily available and cheaper but for racing then look at a revo ...dont think i can be anymore impartial

I myself have a Thunder Tiger MTA4 S28 and I absolutely adore it, its one little tough truck which I have owned now for over 3 months and gives you some really impressive performance. In all honesty I cant see myself ever parting company with it.

Really worth considering mate. The 2.4ghz version is now

well guys i voted savage but i just bought a sledge hammer and like it loads , dont get me wrong savages are great truckks but this is a tad better imo(mta 4 s50)

Edited by Stormbringer

Schumacher Manic is what id buy as soon as i have the spare cash ill have 1.There based on the havoc truck but bigger and should be mega strong,or the revo is a great truck much better than the savage.good.gif