• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MERV Ali chassi brace

martin34

Hi i have just stripped down my MERV so i can dye the chassi black and have found a crack in the rear of the chassi :( .I had it on holiday with me and gave it a real good beating.8ft high jumps for a week and blew the rear shocks to bits so maybe thats why it has snapped(i have some GPM's on order).I remember seeing a rear chassi brace on Jay's MERV thread but dont recal anyone actualy useing one.Has anyone got one and if so do they work?Thanks for any info.Just had a look on the toyz and they do Derlin ones now.Could be a better option.

Edited by martin34

Hey dude, I've been pretty lucky with my MERV and haven't broke the chassis. Just jinxed myself! :whistling:

Have heard of a few of the US guys running them but none here that I know of.

I think thetoyz had aluminium Driven Production one to begin with so maybe they thought to save wieght they'd try delrin.

If your worried about your chassis might be worth a try thougb dude. :good:

Thanks Jay.I am going to order the derlin ones next payday :good: .Apart from the chassi,the rear shocks and the ocasional drive shaft popping out it took all the abuse i put it through :D .

NP fella, they're pretty hardy little trucks IMO.

Kinda makes me laugh when I hear folks say they're weak and I only did this or that and it broke, I do think not breaking anything is lucky though or unlucky when you do.

Considering the speed and of these little trucks something is bound to give at some point. Personally I've had more breakages in one crash of my 1/10 E-Revo than the mini ever has and the 1/10 is brushed! lol