• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Screw Below the Carb - Couple of Questions

nheather

My engine has a screw just below the carb. It doesn't fix anything, just fills a hole. So a couple of questions

1 - What is it for. The only thing I can think of is a lubrication hole for the crankshaft - but you can do that by squirting oil down the carb throat.

2 - I'm ready to seal my engine. None of the tutorials mention this. The screw has a fibre washer - is that sufficient or should I add copper gasket material. If I do then should I keep the fibre washer in place or remove it?

Many thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Nigel

Edited by nheather

i would say its for the idle gap mate , look down the carb(without the filter on) and turn the screw a rew turns and see if it moves the gap either smaller or bigger , but remember how many turns yuo did it so you know where to put it back lol

Many thanks - mystery solved.

So given I'm not going to be fitting the Boost Chamber what is the best way to seal the screw - I have some copper based silicone gasket - should I use it with or without the fibre washer.

Cheers,

Nigel

use it with the washer, put a bit on both sides of the washer and screw in the screw, sorted and sealed no leaks from mine :good: