• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3d depron yak54

hydro

well guys i ordered a ikarus yak54 at the start of the week and im pleased to say its arrived so now its time to start the build heres a couple of pictures to be getting on withbiggrin.gifDSC00438.jpg">DSC00439.jpg il post more pictures as the build comes along give me your thoughts or opinions

where did you get this?

its very nice

i got the kit off another forum member on a helicopter forum i use i beleave they have stopped making this kit now as its an old kit

iv got 2 motors to choose from im thinking of using a turnigy 2204-14t motor on 2s or a axi 2204-54 on 3s im still undecided on wich to install

nice throws on those surfaces its going to be a nice stable foamie from looks.

nearly lost the maplins biplane last night lol. dead calm it was not even a mouse breath about. i had preformed some major surgery on the bipe, bottom wings cut off and wing stabs removed. i cut and sanded all the paint and gave plane a more slimline look and less of a whale body. weight was 18g all up.

i have the yak55 30" plan sheets printed out (a4 tiled) and taped ready for my foam to arrive. decided to go with flat carbon strips to give some meat to the fuselage and wings.

iv turned the rates right down but once i get used to it il turn the rates back up to full but its got loads of throw on full rates iv just ordered some flat carbon strips to reinforce the fuse alarge as it just seems to flexable to me get some pictures of your plane up and let us know how you get on with the 30inch yak once you start your buildgood.gif

iv turned the rates right down but once i get used to it il turn the rates back up to full but its got loads of throw on full rates iv just ordered some flat carbon strips to reinforce the fuse alarge as it just seems to flexable to me get some pictures of your plane up and let us know how you get on with the 30inch yak once you start your buildgood.gif

will do i have a couple projects going right now.