• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

savage xl lean tank problem

tonyp34

Won;t help with a Savage .... the problem in the Savvy is the shape of the tank and the way it pressurises. Most of the fixes are aimed at upping hte pressure a bit so that the pressure changes are not as noticable, so you can tune it to a constant fuel feed rate.

Best solution I found was to mid-tank mod mine. Fit a tank with a constant cross section and the problem goes away. It's fairly drastic though....

I prefer not to use inline primer bulbs with one way valves as it provides potential air leaks. You have a join in the pipe for starters, and I have had primer bulbs before that split losing pressure. It's a simple and cheap cure.... just keep an eye on your fuel lines and check the bulb for splits.

r

I think I've tried every 'fix' and left with maybe trying a new tank with flat bottom. Maybe there's an Ofna one but dont really want to go to doing a mid tank mod.