• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Post your Plane/Heli pictures!

Thanks. It's a pretty simple build but takes some planning to try and keep it all waterproof. The square metalic thing on top is a finned heatsink for the ESC which is sealed with silicon to try and keep it waterproof whilst still cooling the ESC. The rudder is a pull-pull arrangement with thick grease used to seal the rods in the tubes. I really only built it for something to do but I'm kind of hooked on depron now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Trex 400 electric airwolf canopy

airwolftrex400.jpg

Some of my micro helis

SAM_1561.png

SAM_1556.png

SAM_1546.png

SAM_1553.png

my spare blade 400 (broke down for spares now)

SAM_1563.png

my blade 400 savox servos futaba gy 420 gyro scorpion esc motor

DSC_0718.jpg

my new toy on its way to me now

3320135210_90ef3256e9.jpg

B-master....your airwolf T-Rex is awesome!! always wanted to put a scale fuselage on my blade 400, but would probably never fly it as I would be to scared of crashing! I really would like a blue-thunder fuselage...don't think any ones made one yet....Check out these models they used in the film though...drool...mf_dribble.gif

bt_rc_copters.jpg">

Edited by scrumpy jack

wow what fusalage is that blue one mate and what scale heli is that looks massive

here is some more of my 500 airwolf and i am thinking about retiering my blade 400 soon so i will get a airwolf fusalage for that also and shelf it in the living room as its not to huge and will make a nice ornament (wife wont agree though)

But i still need to decide which version of the airwolf 440 fusalage to get the align 500 is very solid fusalage but heard good things about the heliartist decission decissions

some more picvs of the 500 wolf

airwolftrex4002.jpg

airwolftrex40022.jpg

airwolftrex4003.jpg

airwolftrex4004.jpg

that blue heli, is from a film (and a spin-off T.V series) from the early 80's called blue thunder...the film starred Roy Schnider (from Jaws) I still think it's a great film..they used those RC helis for all the action sequences in the film- really worth seeing. The follow up T.V series was cool too, well I thought it was I was 7! always thought it was better than airwolf though as it's a one-off design rather than a Belll 222 with bits stuck on! The other model is a Hughes 500.

ohh will have to look out for that also jack the airwolf fusalage is extremly strong will withstand a medium crash with ease and as its fiberglass they are very easy to repair i did smack my airwolf fusealage a few times and with a fiberglass repair kit from halfords and 20 mins it looked as good as new

highley recomed them i went for the trex one on the 500 but heard great things about the heliartist version and both come with retractable landing gear and i belive the heliartist comes with a light kit

If you have some spare time check out this guys airwolf build i must say its possibly the best build of a airwolf i have seen the detail and decication involved in this build will blow you away AMAZING AIRWOLF BUILD MUST SEE

That is one amazing airwolf build! the idea of using a mini photo frame for an animated display is inspired!

It's good to know that those fuselages are pretty tough- I may be tempted into getting one..although think I will have to spend money on repairing the blade firstwhistling.gif had a little 'mishap' had a tail boom strike which has bent the tail boom and broken the blade grips...carbon main blades are completely un-scratched though!

The full size Blue Thunder was built using a Gazelle helicopter (there were actually two) but was so damn heavy it was practically useless. The standard Gazelle weighs in around 900Kg's and the modified Blue Thunder was rumoured to weigh half as much again which explains things a little!

Ah, your right wastegate, I recognise the tail rotor now! still looks bad-ass though! funny how airwolf was always more popular though, I always thought blue thunder was better (can't recall why!) still I was a true 80's kid and loved them all! thought streethawk was good too-although that bike now looks really dodgy!

you can buy the heliartist light system seperately or you can use this

http://www.rc-choppe...D_Lights,b.html

i used this 1 for my blade 400 just scroll down

http://www.modelheli...cale_Align.html

2010_12_28_IMG_0482.jpg

ohh ive got the heliartist light kit in it as well good.gif

Edited by Stormbringer

very nice storm :) and yea the guys build was crazy impressive midland helicopters NEAVER have the black airwolf in stock

@ jack mate the tail boom is about

Ha, yep am a bit of a slacker! although have been spending money out on my savage...and 6 week old baby girl! the misses thinks nappies and baby bum cream are more important than rc stuff!huh.gif

Strom how much that night-wolf chopper set you back if you don't mind me asking"

it was i think about 70-80 for the fuselage and it comes with retracts , 207 for the blade 400 rtf thats in it , 17 for the mini savox servo that works retracts , about 7 quid for the servo slow for retracts ( it slows the speed the servo works at and gives a more realistic speed for the wheels going up and down ) and the light system (heliartist ) was about 17 quid so about 320 odd quid