• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

speed controller

wakadoo

i have had this i my tool box for ages now, i have not fitted it as i cannot find any instructions anywhere.

i know someone here will know how lol.

the motor wires are green and pink , i would like to know which one is pos to give me a good start and how does the button work when setting up.

its going in an old but mint XL1 rustler.

i did find a thread but with no info i need but the esc is in the thread if you need a reminder.

thank you.

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17674

did you solder on the deans connectors?

IF so for the motor wire ,the traditional way would be to have the Positive as the top of the "T".

Face the plug to you it should look like this

| --

The | is usually the postive

sorry no deans connectors i am afraid it has bullets on it.

maybee though i can work it out now from the piccy

Just plug the motor wires in. If it goes backwards with the transmitters servo reversing in the N (Normal) position then you need to swap them over. good.gif

but how will i know if its wrong, i have no electrics in the car at the mo so its from scratch and i dont want to get the brake fwd rev wrong.

This any good mate:

getuserimage.jpg

smile.gif

no m8..........lol

thats just bloody awesome........thanx a million

i just need to find out the pos lead now so i know i am doing it all right.

thank you.

Edited by wakadoo

You don't need to know the positive and negative of the motor wires then. Just plug them in and if the motor runs backwards with the transmitters servo reversing in the N (normal) position then swap the motor wires around. :good:

Most brushed motors don't say which tab is + or - anyway.

You don't need to know the positive and negative of the motor wires then. Just plug them in and if the motor runs backwards with the transmitters servo reversing in the N (normal) position then swap the motor wires around. good.gif

Most brushed motors don't say which tab is + or - anyway.

i have a choice here of 3 motors and they all have +/- on them lol....

i put a LRP v10 spec 4 10x2 in it and set it up...all seems ok but the brake is a little late coming in so got that to alter, it says its set at 0.3 secs as standard so maybee someone else has altered it before hand.