• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

School Computing Question

G.A.A

if you can open cmd at school then the system is at your mercy.

I literally lol'd when I read this.

You probably signed a contract before you were allowed to use the PC's? In that contract it'll say that if you mess with the PC's at all then you have to pay for any damage caused (and they WILL find a way to show you caused damage) in addition you'll get a suspension.

Anyway, have fun with your 1337 h4ck1ng.

If someone has accessed something they shouldn't then there's no saying what nasties have been left behind, so a re-imaging is essential. There's your 'damage caused'. "4 hours" labour reinstalling the machine. (3h55 of that staring at a blue bar scrolling along the screen, but still).

Don't waste your time, you will just get caught and possibly get kicked off your courses.

Most school network's are pretty secure nowadays anyway.

At my school the only unrestricted thing is the BIOS, which is kind of stupid i suppose. :P

could you not set up a VPN to access your home PC from school, then browse t'internet through that?

Or alternatively, if you really are at a loose end, as if you can help out the techs? They will have you playing with whatever they are doing, and eventually will see that you know what your doing, and then the perks and priviledges will start coming.

could you not set up a VPN to access your home PC from school, then browse t'internet through that?

Or alternatively, if you really are at a loose end, as if you can help out the techs? They will have you playing with whatever they are doing, and eventually will see that you know what your doing, and then the perks and priviledges will start coming.

They wont give any special privileges to a student. They probably wont be allowed to anyway.

I literally lol'd when I read this.

You probably signed a contract before you were allowed to use the PC's? In that contract it'll say that if you mess with the PC's at all then you have to pay for any damage caused (and they WILL find a way to show you caused damage) in addition you'll get a suspension.

Anyway, have fun with your 1337 h4ck1ng.

LOL yeah, cmd isn't exactly the greastest hacking tool. Now if you brought in a linux live CD, then its a whole different story. As an experiment, for a week, I made a 20gb hidden partition using my linux USB stick (linux partitions are invisible to windows), and installed puppy linux on it with a 1 second countdown on the bootloader (so quick 90% of people would miss it) with windows as the default. A year later, they're all still there, waiting (for what I don't know, but waiting none the less).

You won't be able to run batch files at school. They aren't stupid. If you find ways around it without using VPNs and stuff then it will most likely be logged under your username and IP and you will be reported. Still, strange as I'm sixth form and my internet isn't filtered too much. Obvious things like **** and facebook are blocked but youtube and hotmail all work. But seriously, these sites are usually blocked because they are distracting, not because the designers of the system just felt like being mean... Wait till you get home, then you can do what you want :)

Sites you want to go to can be distracting and damaging, and they could be using software like websense who will send them blacklists every so often.

The other option is logmein.com you can connect via http to your home PC that way, but you wont be watching flash video on that either!

Another option is to use freetranslation.com translate "games" or "videos" into japanese or something foreign and then copy and paste the result into google. Its not 100% effective and means you just have to keep clicking random japanese links for a while but in the end you find stuff :P The old MS Office had games built into it that were hidden. There was a driving game, pinball and a helicopter game. You had to open certain files and press certain buttons while typing things, but it worked and was great :P The new one unfortunately doesnt, or at least I dont know of any...