• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Grass track just outside Chesterfield

mow

hi, after many months of looking around and asking various land owners, we have finally found a friendly farmer who has let us have a corner of one of his hay fields, its out of the way so will not bother anyone , plenty of room to park, all we have to do is keep the grass down, we have cut a track and will let the grass grow now around it.

We have cones for jazzing up and are in the process of sorting some jumps to go down, the location is a bit of a secret right now, but we are looking for sensible people to come up, may set up a club, no monies involved.

If you live near then drop me line,

regards

mow

ja3lis, yes m8 do remember your pm's, your more than welcome to come and use the track, its above Holymoorside west of town, will need help in getting the grass down come the spring, also we are building some jumps so if you are handy at wood work, it would be a help.

I found since we last spoke and I wonder if anyone else has the same experience, no matter where you go with these cars , you end up upsetting people, also they are like a magnet for young kids, who don't realise just how dangerous these can be if one hits you.

so because of this not used much this summer, although I have a hyper 7 and a hyper 7 pro with race engine now.

If anyone else wants to travel, all welcome, would say its about 40mins up A6 from Derby, 30 mins from Buxton and about 30 mins from south west Sheffield, about 20mins from junction 29 M1.

The area is available every day, there is also a off road 4x4 track next door with serious banks, although starting to get a bit wet now.

regards

Mow

p.s thanks for the message benj

ja3lis, yes m8 do remember your pm's, your more than welcome to come and use the track, its above Holymoorside west of town, will need help in getting the grass down come the spring, also we are building some jumps so if you are handy at wood work, it would be a help.

I found since we last spoke and I wonder if anyone else has the same experience, no matter where you go with these cars , you end up upsetting people, also they are like a magnet for young kids, who don't realise just how dangerous these can be if one hits you.

so because of this not used much this summer, although I have a hyper 7 and a hyper 7 pro with race engine now.

If anyone else wants to travel, all welcome, would say its about 40mins up A6 from Derby, 30 mins from Buxton and about 30 mins from south west Sheffield, about 20mins from junction 29 M1.

The area is available every day, there is also a off road 4x4 track next door with serious banks, although starting to get a bit wet now.

regards

Mow

p.s thanks for the message benj

you got a postcode mate ?

HI, not sure of full post code, will be S42, track approx 3/4 mile from highwayman pub on the A619 Beeleymoor, hoped to go up next week sometime, or next weekend,

will try and update photo's as we go on

Hey I'm also from Chesterfield, very interested in racing my 1/8 buggy :-) I've been trying to find a rc track for AGES!!!! You won't believe it but I went up2 the 4x4 track today to try and find out who the land owner is so I could build my own track lol, I've can get access to a digger and piping etc and also good with wood work, is there anychance you can give me directions so I can go up and have a look at your track??? Please hahaha

Guys can you pm me your mobile numbers so I can arrange first meet, then you are welcome to go up amongst yourselves or on your own anytime,

mow

looking at weather this weekend, best time to go up is saturday afternoon, if your available, meet at bulls head ph holymoorside and then drive up to track,

mow

been up with aaron, re cut track ,we have made it wider, and longer, piping and edges also on the way hopefully, looks like bad weather tomorrow, so no racing planned!

mow

weather permitting there will be poeple up at the track both saturday and sunday, 14m of piping coming more to folllow , last cut for winter also,

mow

track looking good, one ended piped off now, more pipe coming and jumps this weekend, let me know by pm when you can make it, all welcome

mow

will try and take photo's this weekend

Hey Guys

Going to try and get another 6x6m of piping this week, and with the piping we've got going to cut it all in half so we end up with double the length?! Making a ramp next week so should add another twist to the track hahaha, no going to be able to make it up this weekend but defo up weekend after with hopefully a ramp and 36m of piping lol, when racing last weekend we found that the laps were alot quicker when we went the opposite way round?? When your stood with your back agaist the stone wall, Instead of starting off going down hill to the right, go up hill to the left. You can hit the long bend soooo much faster :-D hahaha it's upto you guys which way round you race tho lol cheers and hope you all have fun racing

Aaron

cool, not sure about cutting the pipes in half, then buggy's will fly over them, at moment they can not which is good, tried the track around the other way, agree liked it better

picked up a truggy chassis off ebay, so hope to get that running (hong nor x1 crt), LOOKS GOOD!!

mow

yea no worries I'll have to go up and measure the length of the track to see how much more piping were going to need, nice one is it a rolling chassis? Are we going to start racing the opposite way round then?? Hopefully getting wood for the ramp this week all being well cheers Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get hold of about 30m of flex pipe today, going to try n get some more up until friday. All being well should have around 50m by weekend. If im not at work sat and the weather is good going to go up sat morn put piping in place and have some fun hahaha anybody interested let me know? Cheers all the best Aaron

great m8 me and tross and another newby been up today, got my new truggy running round, twoss brill, tross has new hyper 8.5 pro, will take some catching.

Will try and make sat also, good news on more pipe

mow

Track is coming on leaps and bounds. Having the usual teething problems setting up my latest buggy, but hey ho, wouldn't be fun if it was easy.

That pipe sounds just the ticket, will enable us newbies to stop hitting things.....lol.

Might be able to spend a couple of hours Sat morning, weather dependant.