• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my first negative feedback on ebay

KYOSHOKEV

hi guys just received my first negative feedback on ebay i have 560 positive and its really cheesed me off do you think im in the write or wrong to stand my ground

i sold a tamiya trigger controller on ebay for £4 nice a cheap but it was going to France my standard fee for Europe is £8 didn't know how much it would cost so thats what the postage was set at the guy who clicked the buy now must have seen this and he paid straight away.

10 days later he sent me an email asking for a £4 refund because it only cost £4.20 to post but this is my argument OK it cost 4.20 but it was in a nice new box and had loads of bubble wrap round as well as i have to travel to post it as my local village post office is now closed and the closest one is 5 miles away it does say postage and packaging.

he also complained it was dusty or as he said salty and also said shipping was slow but i posted it 2 days later i cant help if the French post is slow. any way do you think i was right in not giving him a refund as i dont like being bullied

cheers kevin

Edited by KYOSHOKEV

Dont forget, the extra £8 was for post and PACKING, so I would say you are perfectly within your rights to stand your ground.

I dont know what the rules on ebay are anymore for tit-for-tat feedback, I dont think they allow it, so you might have to resolve it some other way.

TBH, Id have said £8 was a bit cheap to send something to France, but there you go.

As for the condition, was there any pics in the add, had you made it clear to him what condition it was in?

EDIT:

Must have been typing at the same time as Turb()

Edited by Beddo

Yea sellers now cant leave negative feedback, they can only contact ebay about a problem.

Which is a lot better IMO as if you were a buyer and you left negative feedback you would recieve the same even if the seller was clearly in the wrong...

But that is another argument altogether! lol

You can try and resolve the problem buy trying to get him to change it to neutral or positive (positive probably wont happen) but you can request that he changes it to neutral then you should keep your 100%

well i said it was used but never said any thing about the dust but you show me a controller that doesn`t have dust on it unless it new

theres nothing i can do as i left him positive and sellers can no longer leave neg feedback

Haha, in 12 months :P

Thats a long time if you sell a lot :)

But they probably wouldnt change it anyway :P

I always have problems with overseas buyers as they never understand the adverts properly - answer is dont sell abroad in future :D

Its a tricky one.Ive been in that situation before on ebay.

I told the guy you will get a refund providing you leave postive feedback which he did lol.But to be honest,postage was a little over charged.Maybe a couple of quid but in this case it was fair bit ;) lol.

WIth 560 positives it shouldnt be too bad as 560 other people cant be wrong. Its just annoying that it will never be 100% now

Out of 801 feedback ive had one negative,but after one year it clears back to 100% i was told and it has :)

Edited by 53HRA

this is why france should just be boarded up and left well alone!

once you click the buy it button you don't have a leg to stand on sellers have to assume that the buyer can read and that they understand the pricing fully? because of your feedback being so good its worth trying to resolve it and lets face it abit of pressure and the french always give in lol :D

i sent a xbox to the canarias in spain over a 6 weeks ago and it still sitting at Spanish customs it had all the paper work with it when i sent it but they are now saying its missing so have had to make loads of calls and emails more paper work and had to get the guys passport number for customs wtf was that about no more Europe for me i think

i put ik shipping only now. as i sold a mobile phone to an english guy at an english address, 7 days later phone is returned with the battery all burned out. but it was returned from a nigerian address. needless to say he did not got a refund and ebay banned the user.

i was told by my boss than when using an auction you technically have no comeback if you bid on the auction and pay up, i don't know what it is for buy it now though

The problem with ebay is that its becoming a victim of its own success. With so many commercial sellers, Ebay has to do something to protect buyers, however they don't think about the little guy trying to flog odd bits and pieces. Buyer protection is now so good that I am scared selling things on ebay. I sold a Wii the other day, couldn't charge more than

You can set it in your options but doesnt stop an overseas buyer pressing buy it now... Ive had that problem before and youve got the option of either sending it or paying to relist it again on top of the fees for the first time they pressed buy now...!