• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

winters nearly here how do you waterproof your rc

egg80

Got mine half way done, receiver out and washed out with WD40 to get all the sand out, put everything back inside a condom, just got to get a few cableties to seal it all up.

As an aside, and I know this isn't a great subject, will condom lube do any damage?

that looks like the same kind of stuff as plastidip

http://www.plastidip.co.uk/index2.cfm?page=products&prodId=1

thats what i used on my servos dip them in then cut the bit that is round the thing the horn go's onto and then smear a bit of grease over that section put the horn on and there you have perfect water proof servo

Got mine half way done, receiver out and washed out with WD40 to get all the sand out, put everything back inside a condom, just got to get a few cableties to seal it all up.

As an aside, and I know this isn't a great subject, will condom lube do any damage?

are your rcs going to get laid? rofl.gif

vaserlin is good to put on servos wires, etc. or plastic dip

steve

heres 2/2parts of squirrels vids off youtube both leccy and nitro hope they are helpfull to people im sure nobody want fried electrics this winter

if anybody knows of any other ways to waterproof their car trucks truggys ect please post up what you do as this maybe real helpful to alot of newbies and many others cheers to everyone who has already posted on here