• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can some one explain 2.4Ghz to me please...

Julesreece17

Please explain 2.4ghz to me...

I've always had crystals in my 1/10th nitro, and my newly aquired hyper 7 also came with crystals, and it never crossed my mind. Now after attending a local race meeting, everyones running 2.4ghz, and i dont fully understand it?

I'm about to start building a new 1/8th scale buggy over the winter ready for the new season, and am being told 2.4ghz is the way to go? Please help.

From what I understand, the 2.4gig systems run in a completely seperate band width than normal 27mhz and 40mhz frequencies, much much higher. Because of that, there's less interference. also, because of there being a much wider spread of frequencies, more cars can run at once without interference. Now the clever bit comes when you switch on. The transmitter and reciever will scan the area, work out which frequencies are in use, and then pick a free frequency, all automatically, meaning you could be running a different frequency throughout the day.

Much easier, and also has advantages of being less glichy, and quicker to respond. Prices coming way down now too.

Sorry to thread hijack, but has anyone had any experience of the cheapy sets on Ebay. I know the old adage of too good to be true, but I was looking at changing my stick tx to a steerwheel, and for an extra £10ish i can get a 2.4g, seen them here...

Almost seems to be worth a punt, but i don't like chucking away money if its poo. As a secondary, anyone got any good ideas for a steerwheel tranny for £30 odd?

If you can hang fire matt I've ordered an Eurgle (Google or Ebay it) and I'll endeavour to post some kinda mumbling, semi-coherent review on here when it arrives from HK, probably in about nine yearsbiggrin.gif

Almost forgot, Tx, Rx and an extra Rx £43 delivered!

Edited by ebo