• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thetford Forest Bash - Cambridgeshire/Norfolk

willb

It doesn't matter to me, I can bring my Rusty to Thetford but I will be getting my Mini 8ight from the post office today and I could run that at either.

Any more thoughts? They guys are planning to meet at the weekend and I'll take the Savage with me if you don't want it!

My Baja is waiting for its new chassis and things to arrive, giving that a bit of an overhaul.

Edited by Euphoria

Everyone up for Sunday then?

Myself, Ian and Rob are all confirmed for sure. I'll only have my Savage with me and a Hyper ST, Baja is more than likely missing this outing. Ian and Rob will have their Bajas.

Danny and Chris, still good for it?

Not sure about Jake? Anyone seen or heard from Shaun? Matt is out for a while we know and ShrodeMode, you're coming also?

First proper Thetford meet for ages =D

yeah im still out Will, I still keep considering the savage swap but then I look at my FG sitting there and I really wanna fix it, its a sod not having any money im fed up with being bored but theres nothing I can do at the moment, im currently running a 4 bedroom house for my mum and brother cos they both lost jobs, there really is nothing left but to wait for things to improve.

Mat

ok, I may be able to attend after all, I decided to get the dremmel out and the mini mill and see how much I could make and see what is left to buy,  I started with the broken shock shaft, managed to make a new one from a tent peg exactly the right diameter, used my mini die set to cut the thread in the bottom and cut the slots in the top for the circlips, then polish and harden, then I made the anti roll linkeage from an old ep8 part, stolen the upper and lower arm from the FG Baja, and also the diff cup, and used a one way bearing I had spare to rebuild the gearbox.

so I still have to test it tomorrow in the garden but I think the Monster beetle is running again, and im gonna make a call tomorrow and see how much the remaining parts for the Baja will cost, that needs a pullstart, rear spoiler, upper/lower arm and diffcup, and either a new 2 speed or back to stock single speed (most likely).

so worst case I may have the beetle and the mini savage, wish me cheap prices for the rest lol.

Mat

im coming managed to get largescales done, not sure if im gonna bring the savage yet, was gonna ask if anyone wants me to bring my generator so you don't have to carry car batteries around?    you will need mains leads to plug into it.

Mat

Edited by x9moto

Sounds like you guys will have fun. I have nothing to run at all at the moment. Scx 10 is in bits, short course has a broken shock and a fried spur gear and the pinion gear hasn't come for the Hong nor . Get some pics or videos