• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thetford Forest Bash - Cambridgeshire/Norfolk

willb

On the way home I saw this place - big green @ thetford where there was a guy flying a rc plane - it looked kinda fab, the big field is kinda broken in two with a 1m ramp, grass all smooth cut, would make a pretty good jump - parking was available too, and it's close enough to Thetford for walking in to get lunch - maybe a good place for a future meet.

thats handy for me its right behind my house :D the carpark is gravel to.theres a spa at the petrol station about 2 mins walk from there there is also a bit hidden across the road from that.

also sunday not an idea as there is five aside football played there but you could always go just further up from there.

Edited by deejayy2k

the one near the rugby club?

it should be just gotta watch the road its fairly busy during the week if you park in the rugby club ground and walk across

Edited by deejayy2k

Loads of replies :)

Glad a few of you made it out. Sorry I couldn't attend. Flu has hit me pretty hard :(

If anyone fancies another meet up soon let me know and I'll arrange it. My FG Monster hasn't had a chance to run there yet and my 8ight could do with an outing!

it will probably be owned by thetford forest forestry commision which do not allowed motor bikes on their land other than their own they seem ok with RC's though me my brother and a friend were up high lodge when one of they guys from forestry came up to us thinking we were motorcyclists (sp) said as long as we didnt cause any damage, funny thing is shortly after he left a load of kids past us on motorbikes.

might have a prob with the rugby club guys though

Edited by deejayy2k

I've been there loads of times and have had the forest commission people come and watch us bash around. The crossers don't mind us being there either. It's not like we're doing any damage to the place apart from shedding the odd drive shaft or two!

I'll make another thread (today/tomorrow) and think of new dates. Weather has got a bit crap over the past couple of days :(