• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage rpm upper arms

martin34

Hi i am fitting my rpm arms to my savage xl and the upper arms are very tight.The lowers are ok and move freely but the uppers will only move by hand.It says not to modify them but i was wandering if i should go and get my file :whistling: .Has anyone else had the same problem?

You sure your using the right ones for each side? Or is anything bent on your chassis? They shouldn't be tight and you should not have to file them. Check your hinge pins aren't bent aswell. They might not move that freely, i.e fall under their own weight, but it shouldn't require any force to actually move them.

Thanks for the reply.Everything is straight and i emailed rpm.They replied very quickly to say that they might need a bit of fileing.They say not to mod them because people will brake out the Dremel and cut big chunks out of them :o .A bit of rubbing with 230 grade and they should fit fine :good: