• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

More hassle than its worth ?

8800GT

Ordered my new spur gear, 2 new glowplugs and some fuel line. Hope i can get the car tuned this time. I think it may had been the airfliter causing the problem as when i was doing the break in i could go to full throttle without any stalling and at the time the airfilter was clean

Cleaning hte air filter can't hurt. If it is clogged up it will reduce the airflow through the carb, leading to richer running. On it's own, though, it would have to be pretty bad to stop a motor running...but combined with all the other issues you are having, it is a quick and simple job that will add one more thing to the list of what is DEFINITELY NOT wrong!

havent touched the msn and some of the other guys on here told me to make sure the msn is flush. it will need a turn max to get it flush. Probably why the engine keeps bogging

Get that mid needle screw head flush and tune with the main needle only. Your problems should then go away.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Weird how it's come from the factory with the MSN so far out not known that before. Well with any luck you'll get it sorted. Think of it this way when you move on to a different model like a hyper or a savage I be you'll find it so much easier to deal with so thats a small plus to all this!

Edited by Rich79

ok new spur gear is installed. need to get the 4wd shafts fitted once thats done il fit the engine and threadlock the engine mounting screws. Then get the middle speed needle flush and put on the clean airfilter. Then start all the tuning again. Hope it works this time