• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Looking to get a scale RC

Hey guys, looking to get a scale r/c, i am completely drawn in by the Tamiya Toyota Hilux highlift, and already have a little project in my head( Thinking of doing it like the top gear Hilux).

They look amazing, and i love the scale realism. I'm looking to spend as little as possible, i have

are the pajeros still available in the UK? Thought they were discontinued and only the toureg is still on sale? Or are you looking on ebay?

third option for you:

- CC01 chassis (either just the chassis parts off ebay, or buy a used pajero/toureg), then fit a hilux body onto it. Thats supposed to be an excellent option for a scale look, and much cheaper than buying the full high lift kit.

I was thinking about getting a hilux body aswell, Model-direct has got a jero for £130 inc. postage.

got a link?

if you're thinking of putting the high lift body on later, check the wheelbase. Not sure if hte pajero is the long or short WB version of the CC01, so it might not be a straight drop-in replacement

Edited by mrklaw

cheers.

Just had a look and the pajero is 9.5" wheelbase, toureg is 10.5" I think. Hilux body is 11" wheelbase (tundra is 12") should be able to adjust with just using longer rear links and shaft :good:

The re-release pajero is a funny one :lol: It came out around april 08(or somewhere near?) and everyshop was saying limited.People ordered loads :lol: then,they came out for a while and were not limited! :lol: now there hard to find in the uk!! :lol:

If you order from the right guys it will be fine.I normally order from Dinball AKA RCMART , JR-RC or Stellamodels (there site www.stellamodels.net has more range) All these places are great and you shouldnt get any problems with customs - there feedback says it all to be honest :P:)

If you want a highlift shell on the CC-01 it will need the links and the shaft extentending as mrlaw said :)

Oh,no mate tamiya have not done a 5-door Pajero shell ;)

5-door pajero would be a good project - couple of bodies, cut and stretch..

I'm off to look at those sites for tundras now :P

5-door pajero would be a good project - couple of bodies, cut and stretch..

I'm off to look at those sites for tundras now :P

Im pretty sure a 5-door jero has been made before :) Just carnt remember what site it was on :lol: