• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My pajero

Ok well I received the pajero this morning and this is how it came..

DSC00945.jpg

So it needs a bit of finishing which I will do today :). The picture below show the body that I have just washed ready for painting(black).

The wheels need tightening and tyres need gluing. I will be giving constant up dates with loads of pictures for you all :)

DSC00946.jpg

I am real inpatiant so I am off to paint it now :)

hope it goes well for u mate i remember i first spray job i did with rattle cans it came out very good. now im just deciding on what colour to domy seat now i was thinking of bmw techno violet and black windows and ms stickers lol

Gav

LOL, this will be my 100th paint job..Well probably :) .

Still not that great at it, I still stick to doing 1 colour after my A-TEAM van turned out only ok :)

Body is half painted now :)

Edited by CornwallRC

that was quick. You priming and then doing a clear coat, or just slapping colour on? Heard those hard bodies take a little more to get them right.

just whacking the paint on there lol. Its only going to end up scratched and battered but should still look all right :).

My other body i did the same it the paint looked great and held up ok through all the crashes and rolls :)

I take it its a clear lexon shell? I just spray em mate, you cant really go wrong even if the paint runs it is on the inside so you wont see it :P.

But just go slow and take your time mate, dont try and do it all in 1 go, spray it but only roughly then leave it dry for a few mins then do same again and the paint will just build up.. Thats how i have all ways done it any way.

My body is painted just drying now..

First pictures is were I was spraying it out side as I have no were else to do it. Ow and that's the box it came it..See I recycle :)

DSC00947.jpg

This is job pretty much done, might need to go over 1 more time but it is just sat there drying now :) and obviously it needs details next :)

DSC00948.jpg

Well here she is...Only needs the stickers applied now and in time more scale items like roof rack. The suspension needs setting and little bits like that.

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

Here is my first mod i did my self to the car

DSC00952.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

And some of that suspension movement people seem to like lol

DSC00954.jpg

DSC00955.jpg

Hope you like

That was my next question. They look flat all the time, they have foam inserts and are glued on. Are they supposed to be like that?

yeah the tires should be like that. The losi rock claws are made from a very soft compound and the foams are soft too. Granted the pajero is a little heavier that the losi crawler at tire deformation like that helps mug the rocks and the loose stuff. When not using the rig just put something under it to keep the tires off the ground.

Ok ideal mate.

I don't know weather or not to put stickers on it, it looks sweet with out them I think but I'm not sure.

Also I need a custom wire built :). I need a male tamiya connector wired to 2 female connectors :) If you get what I mean. It is so i can plug the battery into the ESC and winch