• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

So who's still around? :)

Tony

not really buddy.

nearly spent xmas on the cold steel slab, suffered a heart attack and now waiting for a a couple parts to arrive and install.

one thing i did get was to spend what could have been last xmas with family and friends, something i cherish alot. and the socks n cheesey jumpers that come with older age.

Sorry to hear about it. :( Hope you're recovering ok?

not bad, had a echocardiogram yesterday ( preggers heart ), the valves are good but i have lost two sections of the hearts wall ( heart wall is 18 segments) and they are now dead, but the other 16 are good and working well. just have a assesment to see if i am fit enough for the op next week.

be a few more months but hope to get a behind the desk job, will not be able to go back to caretaking and/or security/manual heavy work.

as for recovering have lost two socks outta five, and get cheesy looks at my funky jumper, otherwise am good

• 4 years later...

I'm good, thanks. Loads of things has happened since my last post.

Changed cars, moved house, 2 kids, still the same job, and still no RC! lol But may be coming back to it, now that my son want one. :D

How about you?

hey oh old chap how you keeping tony.

2 kids lol i bet they running rings round you, changed car, dont tell us you finally got a ford ka lol ( i mean norwich has become a no car city these days lol hence me on a scooter)

Same job is all good and the son wants a rc car thats cool, a big arsed monster truck to tear up the NDR road being built, they got plenty o dirt up there ;)

10 hours ago, Tamiyacowboy said:

hey oh old chap how you keeping tony.

2 kids lol i bet they running rings round you, changed car, dont tell us you finally got a ford ka lol ( i mean norwich has become a no car city these days lol hence me on a scooter)

Same job is all good and the son wants a rc car thats cool, a big arsed monster truck to tear up the NDR road being built, they got plenty o dirt up there ;)

Haha!! Wife got the 2013 Ford Focus EcoBoost car, very nice car. My ST170's engine blew up so got rid of it and I got my wife's old car - VW Golf. It's a bit slow compared with my ST170 but it works! :D 

I no longer live in Norwich - have moved to Breckland area so the NDR is a bit too far! ;P But I have a massive field next to our new house so we can use the land for RC'ing.

How are things with yourself?

You finally left the not so fine city, good on you fella that country air will do you good, massive field lol i am sure the council will have the earmarked for something lol hahahaha. golfs are cool i mean an iconic little motor , just shove a scooby lump into it and transfer the scooby running gear if you want something a  bit quicker than your ST but looks awesome and goes like an F1 car lol.

not doing so bad, come to terms with the old ticker not working so well, and i am not a teenager no more ( well so i try tell myself ), the old docs want to have another look at the old ticker with them wires but i turned them down, trying to hold out so taking things easy and not overdoing anything. got myself some wheels abiet only two lol, grabbed a small 50cc scooter and had a tinker with it so i feel a bit safer on these A-roads round here , worse part was taking that darn CBT test in early march, passed it but darn it was soo cold sitting on a bike for two hours doing 30mph. 

still in norwich, but i very very rarely head up the town its become a no go area for cars n bikes , they changed all the roads to so i get lost a fair bit. i try to get out when the weathers not so bad ( ie not baking hot and not sub artic cold lol) to bike meets up on the adsa carpark on the ringroad, i last about 30-40mins before im to cold and have to head back home but its a trip out.

The big field is actually SSSI so it's protected. For now. ;P

My VW Golf is nothing special... just a bog standard 1.4 petrol with zomg amazing 79bhp! But my wife's Ford Focus is even better... while it only have 1.0 engine with 3 cylinders, but it gives us 120bhp! It's thanks to the turbo that is attached to it. :D  So it's a fun car to drive.

Glad to see you're still chugging on okay and yes I know what you mean about the roads in the city of Norwich, too many of them are changing to one way system, making everyone confused. Did you see the news yesterday about how they installed the island on the wrong location and that it would take 26 days to move it 8 meters down the road! **** poor planning! LOL

On 22/9/2016 at 14:31, Tony said:

The big field is actually SSSI so it's protected. For now. ;P

My VW Golf is nothing special... just a bog standard 1.4 petrol with zomg amazing 79bhp! But my wife's Ford Focus is even better... while it only have 1.0 engine with 3 cylinders, but it gives us 120bhp! It's thanks to the turbo that is attached to it. :D  So it's a fun car to drive.

Glad to see you're still chugging on okay and yes I know what you mean about the roads in the city of Norwich, too many of them are changing to one way system, making everyone confused. Did you see the news yesterday about how they installed the island on the wrong location and that it would take 26 days to move it 8 meters down the road! **** poor planning! LOL

lol yeah what came to mind instantly was OMFG china has invaded norwich and are stealing our crossing islands lol, st stephens is a no go for cars now , ber street has been upended means i gotta go the long way round to infinity bikes all the time lol , i try to steer clear of the city these days, i mean trying to park a bike has become a chore itself , everything is pay and display to lol, how do you pay then display a ticket on a bike, you just know someone is gonna pinch it and shove it into they car window. OH and multi storey parks yep you gotta pay full price car parking for your bike to ( i dont think so lol).

what planning lol. they get a map of norwich some donkey tails and blindfold play pin the traffic changes on the donkey map lol, i mean a 5yr old could do a better job and we pay taxes for this stuff to lol.

its good to see you still about tony not many of of originals about , we like the grandads of MSUK 

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

I'm good Tony, I live in Kenya so there is that but trying to run a website in a country where a 1mb 4G connection is $100/month is a bit tricky! :lol:

No kids yet, I'm hoping I can hold off that for a few more years, no RCs either! :( But it's 25-30C every day of the year, so I'm good. :P

• 1 month later...
On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 16:44, Nick said:

I live in Kenya

Wait, wait, wait - why/how/what

Moved due to job? Met someone? Or had enough of the UK? ;P