• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

thinking about a TLT-1

Monstrous

evening guys and gals

seeming as the model expo is coming up, i was thinking of buying a TLT-1 maxclimber to muck about with in the garden and down my local park where there are rocks and tree roots, which it can crawl over (i hope) and since on the models in motion website it is only £115, if i dont get one at the expo, i can get one from there, but anyway, what i want to know is:

if i wanted to extend it, is it just a case of buying some threaded rod and cutting it to length and then finding some driveshafts that fit?? or is it more complicated than that? now i dont want to be buying a new chassis or anything or any fancy crawling parts, just would like a basic extension to give a bit more crawling ability.

i must say, looking through issue 16 of MB mag, the maxclimber looks like a very nice peice of kit, and looks as though it would be alot of fun to build and bash with

so, any input welcome and i look forward to your replies

Thanks

Monstrous