• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cheapest decent brushless setup for my e-revo?

martin34

Hi guys i got my brushed e-revo yesterday and want to go brushless in the not to distant future.I have been reading as much as i can on here and other forums as i am a total brushless newbie.If you dont understand brushless and lipos and stuff it seems a bit like trying to read japanese :P .I dont have a fortune to spend(raise)but i would like to get this revo going fast.I dont need 60+mph but around 40+ would be nice.I want somthing that will be simple and reliable aswell without to much fiddleing as wireing a plug is hard work for me :lol: .Any links would be very helpfull.I have seen the ezrun systems but i was wandering if there is anything else out there that is good value?.Thanks in advance for any help.

The Mamba Monster Max will suit your needs, it comes with a great motor that will give you the speed you need.

It is a bit costly, but you will never have to replace it or maintain it, and it won't explode or burn up like the cheap ebay ones do.

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/mamba_monster.html

You will want the 2200kv version, what batteries do you have at the moment?

Thanks Hide.At the moment i only have 3700 7cell nimh packs.With the MMM most people say i realy need to run lipo's?I have just checked the price of the mmm and that is way out of my league :( .I have been recomended the novak 4.5t pro that i can get from the states for under

Edited by martin34

If you're only lookin for about 40mph, get the 2-speed and over drive gearing (25T pinions + 58T Jato spur) :good:

You'll need a 3 channel transmitter as well but you'd need a new one for a BL system anyway - too much 'noise' for 27MHz ;) Not sure bout 40-meg tho.

If you're only lookin for about 40mph, get the 2-speed and over drive gearing (25T pinions + 58T Jato spur) :good:

You'll need a 3 channel transmitter as well but you'd need a new one for a BL system anyway - too much 'noise' for 27MHz ;) Not sure bout 40-meg tho.

I am not only looking for 40mph as faster would be good but not at the price of the mmm :P .I have been reading that quite alot of people who have the brushless edition revo havent been able to run it without breaking somthing and are getting cheesed off with having to keep throwing money at it.DMS do the novak 4.5t pro for

There are the Hobbywing EZRun 1/8th series setups - I believe the 80A is around

Edited by colmo

+1, hobbywing stuff is the dog's danglies!

There's also the Orion Vortex 100A and the Quark SSB-mk1 (both on eBay - the Quark is from Korea!) on eBay, they'd handle a 1/8th vehicle too, I think.

Edited by colmo

i wouldn't buy the novak i have personally heard of too many that have burnt up...

buy a 150A hobbywing esc and scourer ebay.com for cheap medusa/tekno/neu/castle 2nd hand motors and just import them they barely ever go wrong so i wouldn't worry too much...

I have a Tekin Redline 2.5 motor arriving soon as an unwanted part of an eBay bundle, will be going pretty cheap; PM me if you're interested. Would need to find an ESC though...

isn't that a 1/10 motor though...

the Neu does benifit from a fixed endbell whereas the medusa and some people end bells have fallen off

the Neu is also slightly more efficient and comes with a built in heatsink which disapates heat alot better than the medusa

they are very similar other than that and there isn't really much in it other than price as you say ;)

Mike at RC monster is producing a heatsink specifically for the medusa's (due in a few weeks) that will help hold the ends on :)