• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Decent charger for around

martin34

Hi i am after a new charger as my old one is taking to long and is taking 2 hours to charge my 3700 8.4v 7 cell pack :o .The packs are for my e maxx so obviously i need to charge 2 packs so i am looking at around 5 hours waiting for batteries :( .Is there a charger that could charge each pack in about an hour for around

Edited by martin34

Agree with Tim, very good, charge them at 3.7amps, as they are 3700mah, it will no way take 2 hours :)

Yup, stick them on at 3.7A and they will be done in an hour.

Its a great charger. Mine never really stops, I mean its charging one of my bat's right now. Always on pretty much.

And here is the great thing, if you make a splitter cable for your 8.4v battery's, you can charge them both at the same time. So that's two battery's ready to go in just one hour. :D

Thanks very much for the link to the Asmanns charger.my charger has just taken over 2 hours at 4 amps to charge one battery!!!!Rite silly question time,does that charger beep when the batteries are ready?

Thanks very much for the link to the Asmanns charger.my charger has just taken over 2 hours at 4 amps to charge one battery!!!!Rite silly question time,does that charger beep when the batteries are ready?

Yes it does. :) And goes to trickle charge so you don't need to take it off right away.

Was your charger charging one of the 3700mah packs? If it was it should of taken less than an hour! :huh:

Thanks Tim.Yes it was charging a 3700 8.4v 7 cell batterie.Its a Prolux peak charger and its a few years old so it must be way past it by now.

Yeah time for an update me thinks. :lol:

Another good thing about the ansmann is that you can control the output in 0.1A steps. Really useful. :)

Thanks again :) .Is it a very simple charger to use?I have seen some that can blind you with science just to charge a battery :P

It is simple, at first its a odd to use and took me a few mins to be sure I was on the right setting. But after the first go you can do it with your hands tied behind your back. :lol:

You would do this.......

Turn on>press "BATT TYPE" until it says "NIMH"> press "enter">use the arrow buttons to scroll the "CAP" to 3700> if you want change the output by pressing "enter" again you can but it sets that fine by itself>then hold down enter to start the charge. Easy. :good:

Edited by TiM!

Great info and should come in very usefull as i have just ordered one :good: .I ordered the leads aswell.They are out of stock of the ones with the traxxas connector on it so i ordered the one with the tamiya connector as i already have an adapter for that.

Might of done yeah, that's what I was thinking. Good battery's them. :good: Got one the same for the slash. :)

Yep i just checked and in a thread where i asked about overlander batteries you put up a link to the vapertechs so i bought 2 of the 7 cells for my e maxx and a 4600 6 cell for my losi desert truck :good: