• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas E-Revo VXL and Slash XLS Micros

Garry

Ok. stop screwing with my head!!!

Some one please link me to what a 380 or 540 is!!!!

(I know its different motor sizes but come on, how would a newbie know what they are!)

370 (basically a shorter 380) - http://modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=Show...mp;ItemID=29141

540 - http://modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=Show...mp;ItemID=23570

Sorry Joe, thats not what I was looking for, I know that they are different size and type, what I was looking for was a link or summat where they would describe the differences and why those differences occur!

I iknow 550 is for e-revo and e-savage, 540 seems to be for on road, 380 seems to be for 1/16th!!!

Its as simple as that. Because scales aren't compareable over different brands or cars, in general:

'540' is for 1/10th cars and trucks

Smaller than 540 (400/380/370) is for 1/18th cars and trucks (micros)

Bigger than 540 (550/600/700) is for 1/8th cars or trucks

The number itself relates to the length of the motor.

I iknow 550 is for e-revo and e-savage, 540 seems to be for on road, 380 seems to be for 1/16th!!!

I dont really think theres a guide anywhere, and sometimes 380 is the same as 370.

Basically 540 is normally for 1/10th and below

and 370 (or 380) is for 1/18th and below (down to 1/10th)

There are also motors like 600, 400 etc, normally the number describes the length of the can. But in some cases such as a Feigeo 9 XL this isnt the case as it will go onto a 540 mount but is much longer then a normal 540.

Confusing :lol:

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock

Thanks lads, now I know that its a "non standard" standard that they set for motors :s

lol, so, to sum up you need to know the motor size, turns, winds, brushed or brushless, amperage and more before buying, and to do that you pick a motor that MAY be suitable and google the rest of the information about it!!!!

Good god this is like a nightmare to learn! :P:D

Thanks lads, now I know that its a "non standard" standard that they set for motors :s

lol, so, to sum up you need to know the motor size, turns, winds, brushed or brushless, amperage and more before buying, and to do that you pick a motor that MAY be suitable and google the rest of the information about it!!!!

Good god this is like a nightmare to learn! :P:D

actually its a pretty standard standard ;)

the number is roughly the length of the can. so a 540 is 54mm, 360 is 36mm. I have no idea, however, why a 550 is about 1cm longer than a 540.

yep thats y it only dose 40 on 3s :angry:

this is a big fall down for me i whated a 1/16 runing 60mph with me only having to do the gears

A 1/16th doing 60 is just asking for trouble

it'd be quiet unstable due to it been soo light - and high CG

40mph is probably a good

Ziggy

40mph will be enough for such a small car. My RC18T only went about 30mph but it felt so fast. Oh and there are some mental 380 size brushless systems out there, I was going to get one but I've forgotten the name of it. Plus Feigao do some L can 380 motors if you search hard enough.

Well, theres not anything up on the Traxxas site yet..

Apparently our cousins over the pond will be getting it early summer i think...

If past experience is anything to go by.

we will probably get it by late autumn or early winter..

This is just a pure guess mind.. :D

• 2 weeks later...
mini_traxxas.jpg

Here are two pictures of the Traxxas 1/16 Mini Revo and Slayer that are production versions! These are not the mock ups that were at the iHobby show, but actually rolling/working vehicles show at the 1/18th scale nats!

Price will be around $199 for brushed versions and $320 for brushless! Release date is looking like the end of March! This is the first time the full production units have been shown. Both come with dual battery compartments so you can double your run time via parallel connection or double your voltage when wired in series. Brushless speedo cell limits are 12 cell NiMH or 3S LiPO. The truck will be called the Mini Slash and not Slayer despite it