• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My xtr3e is the quick's

rushevo

120mph with a car as un-aerodynamic as the XTR is impossible if you ask me. A hugely modified .15 powered HPI super rs4, with a GT1 body only just managed 100mph. The XTR body looks about as aerodynamic as something realy un-aerodynamic, i doubt very much that the tyres would survive those speeds to.

If your truck is capable of that speed it's a new world record, so best of luck! :rolleyes:

the super nitro rs4 had a .21 in it

9bhp from a tt engine???? you must be skilled especially considering you write like a 7 yr old

Anyway dude people are going to be sceptical if you say a car will do 120mph, it's human nature, Gets some pics/vids up matey then feel good to yourself that you've proved people wrong.

Edited by ba57ard

wel clearly u ass-holes havnt ever used messanger! cause i can spell right but you posh gits haft to spell out every word so i will let you get back to your tea and crumpet! i also can rebuild engine seeing how i work for swindon racing engines but you can beleve that you are all right. even though you would prob struggle wipeing your own arse!!!

So either swindon racing engines have not got a clue about engines or your the tea boy there. If you did work there you would know all about the effects of supercharging a 2-stroke.

Seriously why do you even try, you must think were totally stupid to belive that kind of crap, just grow up you sad little boy, go and buy an r/c car then you might learn something about them. Its impossible for a .21 to get 9hp. Why would you do all that to a stock tt .21 anyway.

MEMO TO SELF, NEVER TAKE ZED TO SWINDON RACING ENGINES.

wel if u fink it cudnt be done thn uv been proved wrong cos im getting a video and your all guna look like fools u wont even beleive the speed and thn once u see this fing go your chuk your rubbish rush evo's away cos allt he over cars are pants!

what you trying to say that an Fg or a Savage or even a hyper 7 is crap because you said so don't think so mate!! The Xtr 3e will handle like **** and will blow into a millions of pieces when hitting 50mph!! not even that if your engine blows up by using your 50% nitro fuel!! Only helis use that sort of percentage they use 99& too as well pritty amazing for an engine really!!

I'm sure your mistaken mate, lets not forget that Nitro isn't actually an active ingredient it just provides the extra oxygen to burn up more methanol, you always need more methanol than you need Nitro.

hence 99% wont give you much power as it burns far too slowly. 99% nitro gives you only 1% left for both lubricant and methanol.

I'm no expert but I'd say 30% Nitro is likely to be the highest practical amount you could use (30% nitro with 50-60% fuel and 10-20% lubricant), anything above that will give you a drop in power as you have less methanol to burn and less lubricant to keep things peachy.

zark was right about the fuel there, most rc cars only use upto 30% max, not many even use that, most find upto 20% is good enough. and i really doubt that hellis use 99%

Don't get me wrong it wouldn't be any good for your car but most professionals make up there own blend of 99% no joke!! For Helis!!

Edited by hyper-harry

so is it impossible for the engine he is talking about to do those types of speed nomatter how modded the car is?

I have no reason not to believe but then again I don't know that much about highly moddefied rcs

Edited by dazzi220

Trust me he wont prove it it is IMPOSSIBLE, he deosnt even know what hes talking about, hes just got garret from saome *** little ps2 game like nfs and said theve made gim this stuff.

Oh yer and you can get get 40% nitro its called white lightening and its made by dynamite. but it only has 8%oil which is slightly worrying.

We'll never see the video and we'll never see any proof, I'm sure its possible to get a car to go that fast but not by someone who thinks you can supercharge a 2-stroke, and certainly not by someone with special needs.

Lol, this guys ace, so exactly what does your job entail??, and how come you dont know much about engine cycles and aspiration techniques if you refurbish engines??, likewise how can you tune an engine if you know bugger all about fuel?.

Hows the video coming along then????, let me guess you've filmed the car but haven't got anywhere to upload it??, or your granny ate your camera, or your dog washed it or something?.

Edited by 7zark7