• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My first car :) whats yours?

Rc_mad

A 2002 Skoda Fabia 1.4. Not the most powerful thing on the planet but its my first car and i love it :D

Albeit, only had it since thursday afternoon/evening and only done about 165 miles so far.

Will get some pics tomorrow, could do with a wash though (had a full valet before i picked it up) after going up and down some country roads :D

well a couple of thimgs on this realy,

1, i wouldnt trust a freelander as far as i could push it as they still run the rover k series engine in them which are absolutly crap as they are always blowwing the head gasket which is a very common fault throughout the rover range carrying the k series (even if you are a trainee mechainc you realy dont want to be taking on one of these things for work i have done a few my self and there realy not easy to do)

2, they are changing the road tax on most veichles like that an from what i have heard the road tax is going upto 400 a year partyly due to it being a pointless 4x4 that couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding

My first was a silver 5 door mk4 astra, 1.4 16v LS model.

Was very clean and tidy for the age and a great 1st car, insurance was a touch over a grand so was fairly pleased.

Sadly it got wrote off just before christmas 2008 when a lady driver :helpsmilie: went head on with me when I was making a right on a roundabout.

dsc00639sk2.jpg

dsc00528ec7.jpg

Not long after I bought another Mk4 Astra Which I've had a year now. 3dr 1.8 16v astra sport:

astrablank1qv1.jpg

astrablanklw7.jpg

:)

Hmm skoda fabia's :)

Nice

Wonder if there are any 1.2's / 1.4's near me? :)

As i' wouldnt mind a nice skoda next :)

Ziggy

They are really cheap aswell compared to other cars in that range (ie, small-ish cars). Picked mine up for a fiver under 2k. Was a bit dearer than all the other fabia's around but it was VERY clean and tidy, FSH, 1 lady owner, had 4 new tyres fitted (i only requested the spare was changed! lol). Does have 79k on the clock but with FSH that doesn't bother me. Another plus point is the 8v version (which mine is :( ) has a cam chain, rather than belt. So no costly timing belt changes there! Not sure if the 16v has a chain or belt, i'm presuming a belt.

I only plan on keeping this a year, maybe 18 month then i will be getting a Fabia VRs (only

1, i wouldnt trust a freelander as far as i could push it as they still run the rover k series engine in them which are absolutly crap as they are always blowwing the head gasket which is a very common fault throughout the rover range carrying the k series (even if you are a trainee mechainc you realy dont want to be taking on one of these things for work i have done a few my self and there realy not easy to do)

Common misconception of a great engine, there was a fault with the gaskets when they increased the bore of the engine but once it's replaced with a decent gasket it should be as good as any other engine. You could change the gasket in an afternoon.

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock

mta s28 you took the words right out of my mouth dad has a rover 75 with a k series and well all im sayings is teriable 39k on the clock and its just started knocking and its has been well look after just hope it makes it till wednesday when it get part x

oh and my first car is going to be a ford focus 1.6 or a ford fiesta 1.25

mta s28 you took the words right out of my mouth dad has a rover 75 with a k series and well all im sayings is teriable 39k on the clock and its just started knocking and its has been well look after just hope it makes it till wednesday when it get part x

oh and my first car is going to be a ford focus 1.6 or a ford fiesta 1.25

Rovers had aluminium blocks, my dad had a 2.3SI in a rover 600

We thought the headgasket had gone, we changed it and it still leaked

Turned out that after a while aluminium engine blocks go slightly porus - odd aint it? Means 1 thing :( engines scrapped...

We waited about 5 months for a 2.3SI engine to appear - as the 2.3 engines were a rarety

Ziggy

my first car WILL be a land rover defender. It's the only car I can fit in (you should see me in a smart car rofl , my knees are up near my ears), and I will be able to repair it with a hammer and a screwdriver.

and I want to do that landy rally thing too :)

Dudee, how tall are you then? :lol:

6'7" at 16? you have another 5ish years of growing left, you will end up over 7' :lol:

I was about 6'3", but have shrunk to just over 6'2" (due to my spine being compressed and crushed from my accident). Fusion Lick - Trust me, being tall isn't cool, your neck hurts quite a lot from having duck down so you don't bash your head on doors, and you will find really tall people try and 'hunch' over as to try and look shorter (they do it sub conciously) and it causes major back problems in the future.

6'7" at 16? you have another 5ish years of growing left, you will end up over 7' :lol:

I was about 6'3", but have shrunk to just over 6'2" (due to my spine being compressed and crushed from my accident). Fusion Lick - Trust me, being tall isn't cool, your neck hurts quite a lot from having duck down so you don't bash your head on doors, and you will find really tall people try and 'hunch' over as to try and look shorter (they do it sub conciously) and it causes major back problems in the future.

nah, I'm almost finished now :)

And my neck doesn't hurt too much, and I'm working on the back :)

You get stretch marks when you gain weight, and then loose it to quickly as your skin doens't have time to contract properly. Its more common in older people because their skin isn't as flexible.

You don't get stretch marks from growing, your skin grows as the rest of your body grows, thats how the body works :rolleyes:

You get stretch marks when you gain weight, and then loose it to quickly as your skin doens't have time to contract properly. Its more common in older people because their skin isn't as flexible.

You don't get stretch marks from growing, your skin grows as the rest of your body grows, thats how the body works :rolleyes:

no

Stretch marks often occur in the normal course of development especially in women. They are frequently aggravated by rapid growth, pregnancy, hormones and some other natural causes. Severe stretch marks can be caused by some medications including steroids such as cortisone. Stretch marks are weaknesses in the supporting structure of the skin causing layers of the skin to separate leaving the skin grooved and discolored. Stretch marks develop when the skin is excessively stretched during pregnancy, weight gain

or growth spurts.

just check it on google mate. causes of stretch marks, can be anything that causes the skin to strecth. as in it can not keep with the rate of expansion of the body. thats me being all technical lol

adam