• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mountain bikers

Spoonmeister

I currently have 4 bikes. I'd have 6/7 if I had the money but as a student I'm somewhat limited by my loan! (and expensive new RC hobby!)

Hopefully next year I'll be doing a year in industry and will have enough pennies for a heavy duty AM bike.

Will get pictures up when I've finished modding then building up my rear trials rim...

Used to do a bit a long time ago but give it up as a bad job,I prefer just twisting the grip,no peddling anymore,too old and knackered now.I did have a Raleigh Max Cromo 3 about 10 years ago and added Shimano ST-R front duraellier(sp) already had ST-R rear and a Alivio crank,also stuck some LX-I STI shifters on it instead of the twistgrip crap and it was great for what I wanted,I think you lose a certain amout of forward momentum with Full suspension bikes so I liked front only... ;)

I'm thinking about upgrading mine.... but I need to get my PC done first, bloody recession. I'm skint! Hahah

Like the look of the E13 DRS, with a Blue Bash..... might get some DMR V8's, in blue, new grips, in blue, and try match the new bits in colour, have some flow through the design.... hmm, tempting...

Edited by ben_rc

I think you lose a certain amout of forward momentum with Full suspension bikes so I liked front only... ;)

Thats why people take them to top of mountains and do stuff like This ! with them. Unlike young lads who ride round on them going off kerbs and stuff alike.

Most forks have lock out now, so it stops sapping all your speed, not sure if they do it on rear suspension tho.

I prefer hardtail but would like a full sus now, especily for dalby. The prices are too much tho.

Edited by e.thirteen

My mountain bike had it years now, Cannondale M700 caad2 upgraded some bits from lx to xt put the x-lite xc bars on mavic rims with xt hubs, odyssey triple trap peddles and thats about it, use it for the work trail (well not in this weather) mainly, thinking about getting some shocks for the front but dont know yet.

19112007466oi8.jpg

w1024.png

Thats why people take them to top of mountains and do stuff like This ! with them. Unlike young lads who ride round on them going off kerbs and stuff alike.

Most forks have lock out now, so it stops sapping all your speed, not sure if they do it on rear suspension tho.

I prefer hardtail but would like a full sus now, especily for dalby. The prices are too much tho.

I don't know what posses freeriders, they're all ill in the head :lol:

(proper) full sus bikes have lockout on the rear shock are well as the front fork ;)

Giant XTC se. never lets me down. :D

I have the same bike. They have a very good spec for the price. Mine has had some punishment over the years, and it has taken it all.

Yep mine too. no matter what you throw at it, it keeps on truckin'.

I have done a 12 hour (dusk till dawn) and a 24 hour (TwentyFour12) enduro on it, and it performed just aswell as bikes worth 4 or 5 times more.

i've had my bike for ages n not been out on it since last may

its a massy overspeed with shockworks carbon front shocks and xt/xtr groupset hope hubs etc

oh and i run spd's too.

i'll get a pic up this weekend it may inspire me to get out on it again??????