• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photography!

richhrly

Great shots Turb, esp the ones of the mountains and the cloud!

Halcalanky those are awesome. Love the Gippen and the Typhoon.:insane:

I've love to take the credit for those pics, but the gear I was using was out of this world! Cheers for the compliment tho!

just a few snaps from my weekend at east cost just taken with a sony ericsson c902 5.0 mega pixel phone

Sum Power Station Down M62

DSC00168.jpg

View From Caravan On The Saturday Morning

DSC00175.jpg

Ducks lol

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

View From Top Off Cliff's

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

Beach

DSC00182.jpg

Halcalanky, what would you recommend as a step up from the Olympus E 410? Its a bit too 'auto' for my liking now I am changing the settings etc. and I'm feeling that a better camera would be a good decision.

Halcalanky, what would you recommend as a step up from the Olympus E 410? Its a bit too 'auto' for my liking now I am changing the settings etc. and I'm feeling that a better camera would be a good decision.

Depends, something like a Canon G10 would be an ideal non-slr solution, but they're a bit pricey. I'll be honest, I know next to nothing about compacts as they just don't have a place in my life!

As for SLRs, a good cheap camera would be a Canon 1000D. They're cheap and do all the tricks most cameras do (but don't have live view, if I remember rightly..)

Pro tip though, there's a Canon press conference tomorrow. Us Pros are getting very excited about a brand new, stupidly priced high level camera but there are murmourings about us being very wrong (it's happen a lot before ;)) and it being a new, low level camera to combat Nikon's latest cheap releases. If Canon do announce something new, snap up the old model as the price bombs. I'll post somewhere on MSUK if there's a cheap camera introduced.. I doubt there'll be much interest in me posting about a new 1D mk IV though ;)

Here's a pic to go with this, stood on the grass next to the runway at London Heathrow at 5AM in the morning! Getting up that early is when we really earn our money :P

3626067466_9b0cdf0dc5.jpg

Edited by halcalanky

Depends, something like a Canon G10 would be an ideal non-slr solution, but they're a bit pricey. I'll be honest, I know next to nothing about compacts as they just don't have a place in my life!

As for SLRs, a good cheap camera would be a Canon 1000D. They're cheap and do all the tricks most cameras do (but don't have live view, if I remember rightly..)

Pro tip though, there's a Canon press conference tomorrow. Us Pros are getting very excited about a brand new, stupidly priced high level camera but there are murmourings about us being very wrong (it's happen a lot before ;)) and it being a new, low level camera to combat Nikon's latest cheap releases. If Canon do announce something new, snap up the old model as the price bombs.

Here's a pic to go with this, stood on the grass next to the runway at London Heathrow at 5AM in the morning! Getting up that early is when we really earn our money :P

3626067466_9b0cdf0dc5.jpg

The Canon 1000D does have live view, you just have to go into the settings and select it first. I got the 1000D for my 30th and as a repleacement to my 300X 35mm. It's a fantastic camera with a lot of features taken from its elder brother the 450D

Look at SLR's, the Olympus is kind of a baby SLR.

I'll take a look at the 1000D, didn't use the Live View but if it has it it's another feature.

Joe, we have one of them too. Takes excellent photos.

• 2 weeks later...

here goes nothing

all of these taken in ibiza last week using either a 7.2 mp sony cyber shot or my 3.2 mp camera on my U600

IbizaHoliday09folder2044.jpg

IbizaHoliday09folder2099.jpg

IbizaHoliday09folder2101.jpg

IbizaHoliday09folder2112.jpg

IbizaHoliday09folder2115.jpg

IbizaHoliday09folder2116.jpg

IbizaHoliday09folder2124.jpg

IbizaHoliday09folder2127.jpg

sunset1.jpg

I'll try to upload some that I took on a battlefields trip later tonight.

Edited by hazza1304

Here are the battlefield ones. WW1 BTW

These are some pictures of a canadian memorial, the name of which has escaped me.

BattlefielsPics09004.jpg

BattlefielsPics09005.jpg

BattlefielsPics09006.jpg

this is in an english cemetry near the menin gate overlooking the river in Ypres

BattlefielsPics09007.jpg

These are from some english cemetrys where a whole platoon of me died trying to take a village

BattlefielsPics09008.jpg

BattlefielsPics09011.jpg

This last 2 are from a german mass grave. There are believed to be around 1000 german soldiers buried there.

BattlefielsPics09018.jpg

BattlefielsPics09009.jpg

Well I just bought a new (second hand) telephoto lens for my Sony A200 DSLR and I was out testing it tonight, so this photo is the first time I have bothered trying to take a picture of cars lights in this manner

For those of you who are interested I bought the 70-210 f4 Minolta "Beercan" Lens and I am pretty happy with it and it's in good nick!

The photo was taken with Sky filter and hood on, Top of Regent's Terrace in Edinburgh (right next to "Jacobs Ladder" and I used a 30 second Shutter speed, a f18 Apeture and an ISO of 100.

The picture isnt great, but as I said, it's the first I have taken of light trails and it's shown me I need a new tripod as the one I have is older than my dad and wobbly as hell!

post-1562-125141754683_thumb.jpg

Well I just bought a new (second hand) telephoto lens for my Sony A200 DSLR and I was out testing it tonight, so this photo is the first time I have bothered trying to take a picture of cars lights in this manner

For those of you who are interested I bought the 70-210 f4 Minolta "Beercan" Lens and I am pretty happy with it and it's in good nick!

The photo was taken with Sky filter and hood on, Top of Regent's Terrace in Edinburgh (right next to "Jacobs Ladder" and I used a 30 second Shutter speed, a f18 Apeture and an ISO of 100.

The picture isnt great, but as I said, it's the first I have taken of light trails and it's shown me I need a new tripod as the one I have is older than my dad and wobbly as hell!

post-1562-125141754683_thumb.jpg

Aswell as getting a new tripod also get a remote release if you can, that way you have no contact with the camera. At such slow speeds as you have posted, just pressing the shutter button is enough to cause a blurry picture

Yes, that too! I need to get them both before I go to the Singapore GP too! it's a night race so will require a tripod for potential of slightly longer shutter speeds to get the higher iso's

Any recommendations on a light sturdy tripod that packs up small and has a decent Q/R on it? I have been looking at some manfrotto ones! Jessops around here has like 3 tripods (it's a real small branch) and I think the web may be the way to go, but I want one I'm going to be happy with, but dont really want to have to send them back... I'm a bit lost, looking around the

Yes, that too! I need to get them both before I go to the Singapore GP too! it's a night race so will require a tripod for potential of slightly longer shutter speeds to get the higher iso's

Any recommendations on a light sturdy tripod that packs up small and has a decent Q/R on it? I have been looking at some manfrotto ones! Jessops around here has like 3 tripods (it's a real small branch) and I think the web may be the way to go, but I want one I'm going to be happy with, but dont really want to have to send them back... I'm a bit lost, looking around the

See! This is why I am in IT and not in photography (although not the only reason!) Cheers Rich, and yes, I suppose I will need fast shutter speeds if I want to take pictures of very fast cars do'h!!

Is it the 484 rc2 head you speak of? I have seen this loads to say its a good head for monopods/gorilla pod type things

See! This is why I am in IT and not in photography (although not the only reason!) Cheers Rich, and yes, I suppose I will need fast shutter speeds if I want to take pictures of very fast cars do'h!!

Is it the 484 rc2 head you speak of? I have seen this loads to say its a good head for monopods/gorilla pod type things

I have the 234QR head for my monopod which is a simple tilt (no rotation) head. Unlike the search for a tripod head, I didn't really research my monopod head! Go with what's popular is the best plan. Bear in mind, it's a ball head so if you are using it on a monopod, you'll want it set tight and then you turn the monopod in your hand rather than turn the camera on the monopod because that'll cause it to slop in axis you don't want it to.

Im going to go for this head and This Monopod this is because its slightly smaller when folded down.

I think I will leave getting a tripod until I am in Singapore actually, I hear they are quite cheap over there!

Word of warning, check all the clips etc are solid! nothing worse than buying a naff tripod, trust me!

That's the head I have, and velbon make good stuff go with the links you've put up on amazon! Good luck doing it, I saw some amazing shots from last years GP there!