• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

plane

ahh awsome dude ^_^ so you deff going for the ripmax one :D well my radio stuff still ere if ya interested

steve

probably, it feels very light and the wings i doubt would survive a crash but ripmax have some spares on their site although it seems they don't post to individuals :confused:

Edited by adolf hamster

no you would have to get the bits through your lhs its a shame really would be soo much better if they did sell online to us :closedeyes: and no it wont fair well on a big crash but will take a few knocks no prob ^_^

steve

no you would have to get the bits through your lhs its a shame really would be soo much better if they did sell online to us :closedeyes: and no it wont fair well on a big crash but will take a few knocks no prob ^_^

steve

i think this is a case of 'well don't crash then' syndrome. if its cheap enough i'[ll take it, i might be able to get some parts from lhs, i'm off down there tomorrow, the guy with the spitfire also has a nice looking heli sitting around although i already have a heli project with a couple of mates going.

lol yes thats it "dont crash!" :lol: hmm yea get that heli done first i think :D

steve

well the other heli you can't get any spares for although its made of wood mostly so it shouldn't be a problem making spares.

hmmm a wooden heli i think i would trash that in seconds lol :lol: i might sell my twister heli as i dont use that. they are not my thing i will stick to planes and cars/trucks :D

steve

its one my mates uncle has from years ago, its a 'skylark' and it says its the uk's first helicopter kit. not all of its wood but if it is cf or plastic non moving components on a modern heli then its wood on this one

oo i have heard that name b4 but i sense its for an rc plane ;) sounds like a nice heli tho ^_^ i would be scared to fly it :) more of a shelf queen to me

steve

shelf queen? museum peice morelike but still its still in pretty much mint condition so were gonna get it running

your not gonna try and fly it are you :o i bet its too nice to fly ^_^ would be a shame to crash it tho if its old and it could be worth somthing.

steve

everything that he is worth something, and yes were gonna try flying it.

wow your brave trying to fly that! do u have heli flying experiance? ^_^ im so crap at it :blush:

steve

nope, gonna make it up as i go along :ph34r: . naa, by the time its finished i will probably have an rc heli and will already know if i'm useless or not.

well just been talking to guy at lhs, hes given me the details of one of the clubs. interestingly he seems to think nitro is better for planes than electric. he also reccommended the prangster although he put a price tag of about

hmm weird i cant see the benifits of nitro other than not having to charge battery packs up ;) but then again you have the rx pack to still charge ^_^ and some clubs dont allow nitro planes fly due to noise restrictions :confused: oh well guess he knows best hehe. wow 300 for the prangster thats a tad steep aint it :o i learned to fly using a

i can see the validity of what he is saying, i'm going to learn to fly first then proceed from there. i might end up with a high winger but only if i have to. the electric vs nitro thing is that if you crash an electric you could damage the battery pack as well as it being harder to fault find electrics.