• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spektrum DX3S with Telemetry

Garry

dsm1.jpg

Spektrum have released details of their new DX3S which they say represents the most advanced sport-level DSM radio ever developed. RTR drivers and sport racers can add the safety of telemetry and monitor vital vehicle stats right from their transmitter, without any additional equipment. Keep your engine operating in the optimum temperature range, keep an eye on your battery voltage and check out just how fast your vehicle is running, all right from the large LCD readout of the DX3S.

dsm3.jpg

Key Features

* Integrated telemetry with graphically depicted gauges on transmitter

* Monitor your engine or motor

the RPM meter looks ausome!

im getting one :D

does it have sat nav too?

i wonder how the rpm meter works? the engine is a bit fast to use a magnet im guessing :confused: looks good but i'm going to have to win summat before i have enough money for one. looks like my acoms set will have to do me :D

i wonder how the rpm meter works? the engine is a bit fast to use a magnet im guessing :confused: looks good but i'm going to have to win summat before i have enough money for one. looks like my acoms set will have to do me :D

I was thinking the same think regarding the rmp monitor. Perhaps there is a sensor which monitors the speed of the clutch bell which the TX then converts in to engine RPM? Amazing piece of kit, however all these cool features are slightly novelty for the occasional basher!

looks like a nomadio senser rip off to me as nomadio brought out the inbuilt telementry ages ago way before spektrum brought out there kit , but its lot cheaper than nomadio but i do hope they sorted there radio range out as the dx3r range is very poor

• 1 year later...

if you can find a place to mount the rpm/speed sensor next to a drive shaft or spur gear and somewhere to place a shiny strip (these come with the kit and need to be attached to a rotating part for the sensor to see). and the heat sensor needs to go around the engine head which i dont think it will as its only really big enough to loop round a nitro head.

i suppose so yer, certainly wont be as easy as its designed to be on a nitro unless you dont run the plastic head cover

well that is true, you could run the wire under the cover, or do what some peeps to and cut back the cover to aid cooling