• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SERVO PROBLEMS :(

gavo2k7ere

hey all, i am having problems with my steering atm. basically i turn the power and and the throttle and brake move fine but when i move the wheel to steer left and right it moves about 1mm :( i am not sure if my battery in my car since when i turn the power on the throttle is twitching. can any of u guys help? thanks for your time gavin

Have you checked your servo saver? I have just fixed a similar problem. A fully charged 6v pack would move my throttle perfectly, the steering would move fine with the front wheels lifted off the ground, stick it on the ground and the wheels would move about 5 degrees, if that. Tightened the servo saver and now the steering is very responsive.

Edited by a-x-l-e

sorry to hijeck how do u do that a-x-l-e my stearing turns left perfect but not 2 clever to the right

My Jato has a saver which attaches to a connecting rod which in turn connects to the servo horn. On the servo saver there is a nut above a spring. The nut had to be tightened which tightens the spring. The only thing about this is you will end up with less give in your servo saver under impact so it is best to do it gradually until you are happy with the performance, too tight and you may end up with an expensive repair bill if the servo saver doesn't save the servo in a crash.

Turn on your electrics once you have removed the horns from both throttle and steering.

Centre the settings on the transmitter and then fix your horns on. Now you will have travel in both directions, but will still need to make fine adjustments and maybe move your horns round on the servos again a bit.

You may also have EPAs, End Point adjustment settings on your transmitter, which will set the max and min `throw` of the servos.

also check on ur transmitter you dont have another trim knob which is to adjust the maximum turning limit of your wheels. alot of transitters have it to limit steering lock :)

adam

Edited by badger906

also check on ur transmitter you dont have another trim knob which is to adjust the maximum turning limit of your wheels. alot of transitters have it to limit steering lock smile.gif

adam

Yes, it took me two weeks to figure out why my Rascal wouldn't turn when I started using an HPI tx!

• 3 weeks later...

hey mate.

i had the same problem except mine was with my throttle.

try swaping your servos around and seeing if it still happens. if it does it will mean it is either the receiver or the transmitter thats causing it.

my problem ended up been the transmitter.

hayden