• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi buggy

nitrorhys

looks like a re-badged lightning, but that can't be a bad thing as the lightning is a great buggy. definitely want a set of those wheels though :) Could have put HPI on the radio box though as it looks like they just stole it out of a lightning because it still has "Hot Bodies" written on the lid lol

looks like a re-badged lightning, but that can't be a bad thing as the lightning is a great buggy. definitely want a set of those wheels though :) Could have put HPI on the radio box though as it looks like they just stole it out of a lightning because it still has "Hot Bodies" written on the lid lol

yea i agree deffinatly just a lightning

:rolleyes:

should of based it on the hellfire would of been better to have there own ;)

how much do you think this is going to be cause i doubt it'll be as good as a hyper 8 or 9 so is it meant to be fighting against the hyper 7 cause i doubt it'll win there since hyper 7s are so cheap these days so i dont think it'll do well at all

but they will probably sell a lot of those wheels its pretty much the only thing it has going for it

Ooooh, now thats caught my eye. Hmmmmm, so much choice, so little money. Seriously thinking about a HB lightning GT10 truck, cos ive been wanting a good 1:10 truck for ages (my last one, a nitrotek conquistador may as well have been made of cheese). So yeah. Lol.

Crys out to me that its a competer to the New Hyper 7 Black

Looks tasty yes :) low as well

Wonder what the .21 engine will hold up like? Maybe something to use when my engine goes Boom? :)

Ziggy

id be sold if it had a 4.6 engine in it, 3.5 seems a tad small for a buggy. i may end up buying one and replacing the engine hopfully theres a ss version then i may be interested :P

adam

They do, its called the Hot Bodies Lightning 2 pro evo.

Speaking of Lightnings, I wouldn't mind converting one, I miss my old buggy.

what i still laugh at tho

they say it has high quality Radio Gear....

Its not.... 27mhz is not good quality! its a general frequency with kids toys :(

They should give 40mhz as stock :)

Ziggy

id be sold if it had a 4.6 engine in it, 3.5 seems a tad small for a buggy. i may end up buying one and replacing the engine hopfully theres a ss version then i may be interested :P

adam

3.5 is the maximum size engine that you can race under the brca rules, there are many 3.5 engines that are better than 4.6s, don't know what the lightnings engine is like though.

what i still laugh at tho

they say it has high quality Radio Gear....

Its not.... 27mhz is not good quality! its a general frequency with kids toys :(

They should give 40mhz as stock :)

Ziggy

27mg does not mean it has rubbish radio gear, no more than 40mg. The servos and rec. could be good quality, so a bit of a sweeping statement.

What improvement would 40 give over 27? You may have the same issues with people running on the same freq. (if your group is disorganised)

2.4g, or Spekky is more useful, but more expensive, so the kit is built down to a price. And that is it.