• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Noob needs some advice

sealslayer

Hey all, My GF bought me a Speed Master VH-X5 for my birthday but I'm having some trouble before I've even managed to fire it up.

I understand its not the greatest of cars from what I've already read on the internet but its fine to get started with and can't blame the GF ;)

Basically as soon as I switch the cars battery power on both the servos start moving really eratically backwards and forwards.

I was using rechargeable batteries in both the controller and the car so I bought a brand new packet of Duracell to try out in the car but it still does it, although I don't know how long they have been on the shop shelf.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thats interference. make sure both arials are erect (shh dont laugh you try thinking of a word other than up lol). also check the cars arial n make sure there are no cuts in it or anything that could contact metal. ummm, could also check that both chrystals are incorrectly, and that all the cables are plugged in to the receiver properly as they may be loose or something.

and welcome to the forums :)

adam

Edited by badger906

i thought of two up and working.............

yeah if none of what he said helps it might be metal touching cause my car done this with the glow start in or if you take it somewhere away for the house and it doesnt do it just buy some different cyrstals

Been messing about with this now for 2 days and still can't get it to work.

I tried a new set of crystals and it still has exactly the same problem, as soon as I turn it on lots of movement from the servos and no response to the controller.

I've checked all the wires from the battery pack to the reciever box and checked the arial and still nothing...

The only time the servo's stop moving is when I take out the crystal in the reciever box

Would I get this problem if the batteries were low? I know I bought a new pack but they may have been on the shelf a while.

I doubt it's the batteries - even if they were low they shouldn't cause that.

Disconnect each servo, one at a time and see if that stops the other from jittering. If that doesn't help then the problem is most likely with the Tx or Rx, in which case you should be able to pick up a new set for a few quid 2'nd hand.