• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rascal Base Settings

MikeyMikeUK

Ive spent the last few days trying to get my new Rascal tuned up. Can anyone tell me the base needle settings I want to get it back to the factory settings and start from scratch. More haste less speed this time.

Ive broke the engine in with about 4 tanks of fuel now, took it easy on the accelerator during this phase. But I just cant seem to get the tuning right.

This is my first nitro buggy and so its all a bit new to me. Is the Rascal generally easy to tune or is it just me ?

• 1 month later...

I spent the best part of half a day trying to tune mine. After giving up and putting it down to nitro noob syndrome I took it to a shop who confidently said they could tune it. 10 mins later the guy was running down the street after it! Turned out the issue wasn't tuning but a broken part on the engine (flywheel???) which was preventing the car from idling!