• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New RC Car Owner

ApexBoner

Thanks for the info, now just gotta wait for my tax back which so far appears to be one of the harder tasks in life right now! so quick to take it off you but never wanna give you it back!

Back with another question, but you learn as you go along! Just put my truck back together after the diff repair, Basically i noticed some wear on the inside edge of my wheels, checking this with the car i saw wear on the part that hold the drive cup in place/end of the suspension arms etc (only on the fronts) so the wheel has clearly been rubbing against this at certain points. It looks like a fair bit of wear too, having checked things i can't see anything thats loose.

That looks very nice mate :good: .I am seriously tempted to get myself one of these.I take it that the wabash's you have fitted are the 23mil hex ones and not the 17mil?

Yup there the 23mm ones. Looking forward to taking it out tommorow and seeing how it handles on the lower profile tires.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back with another, what could this be. Took my car out for a quick test to see if it was ready to take out tommorow, and the car is making this rather odd noise. Basically when the car is stud still, it seems like the clutch is always trying to engage, and when it does its making this noise, its not a misfire though i think. The clutch is always trying to come in no matter how low the idle is, the engine i believe sounds fine when its going normally but each time the clutch is trying something the car in general makes this horrible noise every half a sec or so.

I noticed something a couple of weeks ago when i was trying to set the idle, the car wouldn't idle to a point were the wheels would stop turning and i thought this was the first signs of the clutch starting to have problems. I hadn't taken the car out since so this was the first time i ran it properly since.

Any ideas if its not the clutch as i'm pretty sure it is. and if the clutch is broke what do people recommend replacing it with? Basically i have the proline 40 series wheels/tires on it now so i'm looking to regain alittle of the top end speed can you adjust the clutch to make up for that?

Video

http://www.gamefaction.com/rtowler/rc/clutchproblem.MPG

Edited by ApexBoner

l'll give that a go but i hadn't played with that needed adjustment yet, although the clutch itsself feels pretty tight, it used to just ride freely after moving the wheels etc but now it just slows the spur gear straight away.

Edited by ApexBoner

Went to the park again today, first time on a day out i've ran about 5/6 tanks through it and no problems whatsoever, although i did lose a couple of screws and unclipped one of the steering arms but easily fixed!

Couple of videos of me jumping it, i changed the fuel to racegen, the car runs a hell of alot richer on this compared to the model technics fuel, and cooler. I've gone about 2 turns on the high speed so is it worth playing with the other needles?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BFtymSwTOdE

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ot87EBIDO64

Brothers hyper 7 ran in well, really looking forward to seeing that fly around with some adjustments next time its out.

Edited by ApexBoner