• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

clutch bell question

tatey

just fit a new clutch bell to my truggy but when i thghten the bolt tht holds it on fully the weels spin on idle and if i undo it slightly its okay but the bolt comes undone after about 5 mins is there a certain way the bearings have to go? how do i keep the bolt tight and so the wheels dont spin on idle?

cheers tatey

Sounds like your bearings in your clutch bell arnt set properly or pushed in enough to make the engine drive shaft go through them and level with the end of the 2nd bearing. Try removing one of the washers that is on your engine shaft so that more room is availalbe for the clutch bell to move along the engine shaft more. A good way to keep that bolt in is to use locktite

A few questins

What clutch bell did you get?

When engine are you using it on?

Are you using any spacers at the moment?

To me it doesn't sound like what Eddieboi said, It sounds more like that you are either using too many spacers in the assmebly or, the clutch bell you've bought is slightly too long. I bought a JE spares clutch bell for my Nosram engine and it was too long and I had the same problem.

Chris

A few questins

What clutch bell did you get?

When engine are you using it on?

Are you using any spacers at the moment?

To me it doesn't sound like what Eddieboi said, It sounds more like that you are either using too many spacers in the assmebly or, the clutch bell you've bought is slightly too long. I bought a JE spares clutch bell for my Nosram engine and it was too long and I had the same problem.

Chris

its an fastrax bell on a picco .26 engine and no im not using any spacers atm

It does honestly sound like the bell is too long mate,

by spacers do you just mean washers?

Yeah, I do mate

looks like a trip to modelsport for some washers then and see if that works

looks like a trip to modelsport for some washers then and see if that works

If the clutch bell is too long Spacers are only going to make the problem worse mate, If you cannot turn the bell freely when the screw at the end of the shaft is fully tightened you need a smaller clutch bell. I found that the HPI ones although expensive are smaller and allow to spin freely.

I know clutch bells are supposed to be universal sizing but some are bigger than others by a few mm