• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

ah, i forgot he sells his photos rofl

it aint so bad if it is more of an investment ;)

It'll make itself back very quickly for sure. It's a lens I already own, but this version is a bit quicker (lets more light in so faster shutter speeds), and as a result gets a far nicer looking background and it's image stabilised. Let's not forget I'm selling a lens to make way for it ;) It's best described as industry standard, nearly every pro commercial photographer will have one. Also, it's a hobby I get real enjoyment out of ;) It makes as much sense for me to enjoy what I do as buying RC equipment..

Does it have a movie maker on it ?

I would like to strap your equipment to my Baja and get some on board footage :)

Yes, full HD with sound! It weighs a bit mind :P It's all insured, I don't see why not :D

Edited by halcalanky

how much do u make avg per photo man?

I charge per day, it's how commercial photography works. The price bracket I work in is fairly broad, the least I've worked for is £50 for a day, the most was £750 for a 3 day shoot then edit of an Airbus marketing job, plus hotel costs and expenses. I teach photography for a company for £100/day plus expenses but we're looking to get some more cash into that.

It's a tough market out there, and as you can see - equipment isn't cheap. Buying the best equipment keeps me a step ahead of everyone else coming out of uni (I'm 21 tomorrow..) so that's why I'm able to charge what I do and get repeat customers. Quality isn't cheap, and people are willing to pay to get it done with the best cameras, best lenses and (hopefully :D) a good photographer.

Before anyone shouts at me for the amount I charge, a little story - I once worked for a charity for £50 for a full day with a professional camera with professional lenses. A girl was working for another organisation (still a charity) at the same event. She had the cheapest SLR ever built, with a terrible lens. She charged them £125 for the event, and as the companies exchanged emails it became obvious they weren't happy with the quality of her work. Some people are out there to fleece people, charging different amounts by company is the fairest way of charging both for them to be able to afford and justify it and for me to support myself.. just my 2p worth, I get very angry when people rip others off and give photographers a bad name.

Edited by halcalanky

dang, it seems like a good job, but it looks like a tough market as u said!

Wouldn't change it for the world! The chances you get to met people (I once met and photographed Steve Waugh!) and go to amazing places (standing on the taxiways of Heathrow running between planes and it being FINE!) it's just fantastic. The pressure that comes with it is huge, and having the right insurance should anything go wrong, making sure noone gets hurt etc and still trying to get the shot.. it's a lot going on. Love it though, really enjoy what I do and the experiences it's given me! I don't care if I never make money and just scrape by, as long as I do what I want to do :)