• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What 'Aerial' wire for receiver..?

Virdi

Hi all,

The aerial wire coming from my receiver has been damaged - So I want to solder on some new wire etc..

Can I use any wire? or is this aerial wire special?

Thanks

Hi all,

The aerial wire coming from my receiver has been damaged - So I want to solder on some new wire etc..

Thanks

Just conductive, run of the mill wire will do ya fine, try and keep same length as original though.

There is a list on this forum somewhere for lengths to use for each make of RX, do a search and u will find it ;)

Hi all,

Thanks

try this 1 i replaced mine with the same and cut to fit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Equipment-Wire-7-0-2...153.l1262"]

Edited by robsta3

Is there any specific problem with getting a longer wire?

I can imagine a shorter wire would reduce the signal, but can't see a problem with a longer one.

But then again that may be my in-experience :)

Is there any specific problem with getting a longer wire?

I can imagine a shorter wire would reduce the signal, but can't see a problem with a longer one.

But then again that may be my in-experience :)

Yeah, it's all related to the wavelength of the frequency being used......can't remember the formula now.......think it is a quarter wavelength antenna on 27Mhz? In short, it has to be a certain length for correct/best operation ;)

• 3 months later...
Yeah, it's all related to the wavelength of the frequency being used......can't remember the formula now.......think it is a quarter wavelength antenna on 27Mhz? In short, it has to be a certain length for correct/best operation ;)

any one know what length the wire should be for the hyper 7 with standerd radion gear as i snapped/lost mine at weekend, cheers