• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Post your desktops!

m3lyc

I post my desktops on 3 other forums so may as well post here too. laugh.gif

Desktop36.jpg

Icons on desktops suck ass, and with stardock fences, double click on a empty area of the desktop and all them icons disappear. tongue.gif

I post my desktops on 3 other forums so may as well post here too. laugh.gif

Icons on desktops suck ass, and with stardock fences, double click on a empty area of the desktop and all them icons disappear. tongue.gif

What're you running there?

Here's mine:

Screenshot-8.png

Ubuntu 10.04.

Edited by joe of loath

What're you running there?

Windows XP tongue.gif

Rocketdock with these icons.

Rainmeter with this clock, the system info is a part of a skin that already comes with Rainmeter, the uptime with the red text, theres an uptime config that comes with rainmeter, I just made it slightly bigger and some of it red. good.gif

Windows XP tongue.gif

Rocketdock with these icons.

Rainmeter with this clock, the system info is a part of a skin that already comes with Rainmeter, the uptime with the red text, theres an uptime config that comes with rainmeter, I just made it slightly bigger and some of it red. good.gif

Oh ok, I never bother customising my windows installs, they slow down enough as it is. They're only ever used for gaming, and a reinstall every 6 months means it's too much trouble.

Oh ok, I never bother customising my windows installs, they slow down enough as it is. They're only ever used for gaming, and a reinstall every 6 months means it's too much trouble.

Ok yer, I'm fairly familiar with rocketdock and rainmeter, so 20 minutes or so I would be able to have it back to what I have now, I certainly couldn't live without a dock using xp, that along with stacksdocklet as in the pic below, where you create a folder, bung a load of shortcuts into it (in your case could be game shortcuts) and as in the pic below click the 'dvd' icon and up pops the other icons, very handy imo.

Just in case your curious, rocketdock on my laptop is currently using 17mb of memory and rainmeter 16mb, the less you have displayed the less ram used. But I've got 3gb and think the most memory used on my laptop is only 1gb so its not a problem for me.

Theres also samurize which is similar to rainmeter, its a hell of a lot easy to make up a config but it lacks anti alias so the text isn't as smooth as rainmeter.

Liking your ubuntu desktop, I used a live slax cd the other day to get some data from a hd, was impressed with that, wouldn't switch me from windows though. laugh.gif

Dock.jpg

Ok yer, I'm fairly familiar with rocketdock and rainmeter, so 20 minutes or so I would be able to have it back to what I have now, I certainly couldn't live without a dock using xp, that along with stacksdocklet as in the pic below, where you create a folder, bung a load of shortcuts into it (in your case could be game shortcuts) and as in the pic below click the 'dvd' icon and up pops the other icons, very handy imo.

Just in case your curious, rocketdock on my laptop is currently using 17mb of memory and rainmeter 16mb, the less you have displayed the less ram used. But I've got 3gb and think the most memory used on my laptop is only 1gb so its not a problem for me.

Theres also samurize which is similar to rainmeter, its a hell of a lot easy to make up a config but it lacks anti alias so the text isn't as smooth as rainmeter.

Liking your ubuntu desktop, I used a live slax cd the other day to get some data from a hd, was impressed with that, wouldn't switch me from windows though. laugh.gif

Maybe so, but compiz on ubuntu uses 19mb, and that gives me a full 3d desktop ;)

That ubuntu theme is actually the default for the latest version. It's worth checking out, my basic dell laptop (ok, with 4gb of RAM) boots in less than 30 seconds now :lol: that's faster than my friend's

Maybe so, but compiz on ubuntu uses 19mb, and that gives me a full 3d desktop ;)

That ubuntu theme is actually the default for the latest version. It's worth checking out, my basic dell laptop (ok, with 4gb of RAM) boots in less than 30 seconds now :lol: that's faster than my friend's

• 3 weeks later...

i'm running 3x 24" widescreen monitors. This has been massively reduced in size, as you can well imagine. I dislike cluttered desktops.

desktop2.jpg

O.o what the hell do you DO on that thing? I tried dual head on my laptop once and had no idea what to use the second screen for.

i'm running 3x 24" widescreen monitors. This has been massively reduced in size, as you can well imagine. I dislike cluttered desktops.

desktop2.jpg

SWEET :]

I run dual monitors on my laptop, realy quite handy wish I had three!! Do you prefer the start menu on the right hand side?? Why not sitck it on the middle monitor

I hate cluttered desktopsm mine is the one above yours

Also could you send me the picture, my email in profile.

Cheers

Edited by HUNTER.P

SWEET :]

I run dual monitors on my laptop, realy quite handy wish I had three!! Do you prefer the start menu on the right hand side?? Why not sitck it on the middle monitor

I hate cluttered desktopsm mine is the one above yours

Also could you send me the picture, my email in profile.

Cheers

I normally have it on the left of the right hand monitor but moved it for the above picture mainly to avoid confused responses.

I got the HAL picture from HERE but will email it over to you if the filesize isn't too big.

Cheers

DSC_0018.jpg

Edited by Scootmien